Needing MS works suite 9

I have a lot of files on my old xp PC that were created with an older version of MS works suite-something like version 7

Apparently MSworks suite 9 will function with win10.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10/will-microsoft-works-work-in-windows-10/6a6870be-b31e-4bbd-9527-57d9359de90b

If anyone has the disc for works suite 9 I would be very interested.  I would then be able to open my files that are on a spare HDD that I have taken from the xp PC and put inside the win10 machine. Currently there is nothing  on the win10 PC that will open these files.
Thanks.

Is Works Suite 2005 the same?

What sort of docs are they? I.e. text, spreadsheet? There's probably a convertor out there to convert it to something more modern you can use.

Swarf.
I had not heard of Libra office until you mentioned it. I will look in to this.

Jomie.
I  have discs for works 7 & 8.
Initially I tried to install 7 , and the install process tries to DL explorer 6 which is needed to run these earlier versions apparently.

Undeterred I then tried  to install 8, but got too low on data to continue. Then, I found out on the MS forum that only 9 is compatible with win10. I feel sure 5 will not function but thank you regardless.

Prob.
There are only 2 types of docs really that I need, but quite a lot of them. They are letters and spreadsheets. The letters are the most  important to retain.

Altus.
I will read up on this in your link.

I have read up on this now and  it seems to be all I need.

Also found another good review from tech radar.
https://www.techradar.com/uk/reviews/libreoffice

Impressive stuff-it's very versatile covering just about every office type of application. Just the job.
Thank you.

Edited by Janus
Additional info

I have a Microsoft works plus 2008 if that is any good to you. Also a Microsoft office 97.

I much prefer Libre office to MS Office or Open Office....

Never had an issue opening anything with Libre office...

14 hours ago, altus said:

I had read it on their official page but it appeared to specify the version for Mac and Earlier versions. I did find a possible way to view but would depend if Win 10 could install MS Document Viewer from old apps.com then paying Zamzar to convert so I did not post that. ;)

I downloaded Libre version 6.1.4.2 (see link) but it will only open letters. It will not open my spread sheets. 

I uninstalled it, and will try version 6.0.7 which may work.

Anyone understand what these source codes below are for and whether they have to be downloaded after the main download?

Download the Sourcecode

6 hours ago, Janus said:

I downloaded Libre version 6.1.4.2 (see link) but it will only open letters. It will not open my spread sheets. 

I uninstalled it, and will try version 6.0.7 which may work.

Anyone understand what these source codes below are for and whether they have to be downloaded after the main download?

Download the Sourcecode

Those seem to be the linux release

Make sure you go to this location:

https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/

and choose the OS you have installed from the drop down menu.

Alternatively to avoid confusion:

https://ninite.com

and scroll down to Documents section. 

Edited by swarfendor437
missed additional source