Remember the six million .

2 hours ago, K1Machine said:

Motive has nothing to do with it. It is not anti Semitic to question the number of 6 million.

True, but does it really matter whether it was 5,999,990 or 6,000,010?

3 hours ago, K1Machine said:

Motive has nothing to do with it. It is not anti Semitic to question the number of 6 million.

Quite possibly it is, depending on your motivation.

What is your motivation?

Traditionally, the questioning of holocaust figures has been the preserve of far right political groups or far right politicians in an attempt to ‘detoxify’ the crimes of the Third Reich.

9 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Traditionally, the questioning of holocaust figures has been the preserve of far right political groups or far right politicians in an attempt to ‘detoxify’ the crimes of the Third Reich.

That is why I am asking about the motive.

There are different ways to ask the question. One I see quite often is ‘how was it possible to gas and cremate 6 million people given that the facilities did not have that capacity?’ It’s a reasonable question and the answer is that it was not possible for all the deaths to have happened in that way. You can use that in one of two ways - one based on the idea that only gas chambers were used is that the numbers cannot be correct. I’ve seen a lot of right wing nutcases try that one. The obvious question is how did the other people die, and that is where the story gets even worse if that is possible. The Nazis had a wide variety of ways of systematically leading people to their deaths.

13 hours ago, janie48 said:

Yesterday I watched - Holocaust-Night Will  Fall on the More4 channel. 

This was the documentary film kept as an historical record in the Imperial War Museum that was shelved for decades due to what was considered after the war to be too politically sensitive. 

It was the filming by Army camera men. of when the allies were there in1945 to liberate the death camps and hasn't been shown until very recent times. 

It was the most shocking and disturbing film I've ever seen about the Holocaust but  I don't regret watching it, we should all be aware of these unimaginable atrocities. 

Around 30 years ago, a classmate of mine brought in a vintage/period medical book documenting Nazi camp 'medical' experiments, in the context of our WWII curriculum. I can't remember if it was German made during the war, or a French/US compendium made shortly after the war. But it was that old, and covering that subject. With photos.

To this day, out of every medium (movie, documentary, Liveleak-style video, photos, etc) or situation (hunting, first aid rendering, etc) and regardless of the purpose (eg schlock-gore/-horror stuff for entertainment, documenting/history, etc), that I have ever seen or lived, it is the only thing that I have ever seen, that made me physically sick. I came literally within seconds of barfing my lunch after a dozen pages, and it took a lot of effort (and fresh air) to keep it down. I still remember it quite vividly all those years on. Shocking is not strong enough, by very far. It was well beyond shocking.

Atrocities does not begin to describe it. And they are not unimaginable, regrettably. For Jews (and many other deemed 'sub humans'), there were much, much worse ways to go, than gas or firing squad. People should never forget. And deniers, never be left to propagate their ignorant venom.

Edited by L00b

About 17 million were killed in the holocaust so it’s not only the Jewish victims we should be thinking about although it seems the focus always seems to be about the Jewish victims.

1 hour ago, mafya said:

About 17 million were killed in the holocaust so it’s not only the Jewish victims we should be thinking about although it seems the focus always seems to be about the Jewish victims.

So which other group had Six million of their citizens murdered through outEurope , It is common knowledge that mentaly disturbed people ,gypsy's and Gays where also targeted ,although not any way near the eleven million you quote , please give details of the others who were murdered in camps as it sounds as though this is another factor that has been brushed under the carpet.

16 minutes ago, Albert smith said:

So which other group had Six million of their citizens murdered through outEurope , It is common knowledge that mentaly disturbed people ,gypsy's and Gays where also targeted ,although not any way near the eleven million you quote , please give details of the others who were murdered in camps as it sounds as though this is another factor that has been brushed under the carpet.

The 17 million he stated is an acknowledged figure of people killed outside of military action by Nazis. It includes POWs , civilians in siege of Leningrad etc etc etc Easy to find, it's not brushed anywhere.

Also remember millions of Jews were killed outside of concentration camps too.

54 minutes ago, Albert smith said:

There's more detail here, the number of soviet POWs killed is a real eye-opener.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust#Overview

On 27/01/2019 at 08:40, Kidorry said:

Has there been any mention of the 26 million Soviet dead, without them things would have been very different now.  

Perhaps there is no mention because the  Soviets were not victims of the holocaust in the same way as the Jewish were and the behaviour of the Red Army was comparable to the worst excesses of the Wehrmacht...

One of many examples

1 minute ago, Annoni_mouse said:

Perhaps there is no mention because the  Soviets were not victims of the holocaust in the same way as the Jewish were and the behaviour of the Red Army was comparable to the worst excesses of the Wehrmacht...

One of many examples

Are you seriously suggesting that Russians murdered by Nazis was in any way ok, because the red army had committed attrocities? Very very slippery slope.

3 minutes ago, woodview said:

Are you seriously suggesting that Russians murdered by Nazis was in any way ok, because the red army had committed attrocities? Very very slippery slope.

No I don't think anywhere did I make that suggestion? What an odd reply...