Litter on Hazel barrow Cres Jordanthorpe

I reckon this must be the most litter strewn road in Sheffield!!     I wonder what the offenders do for 'community service' because its not helping to litter pick.   I was visiting a friend who lives in a flat, the person above them obviously has no ashtray, seems to thinks its fair game to throw  the dog ends out of the window!!!

Palgrave road S5 is probably as bad if not worse, especially the frontage outside the infant school gates. The staff there must wear blinkers when they walk/drive in and out. Either that or they couldn't care less, what an example for the kids!

13 minutes ago, carosio said:

Palgrave road S5 is probably as bad if not worse, especially the frontage outside the infant school gates. The staff there must wear blinkers when they walk/drive in and out. Either that or they couldn't care less, what an example for the kids!

Are the school staff responsible for clearing up litter outside the school gates?

It's as much your responsibility as theirs so crack on. Or couldn't you care less? What a poor example you are setting.

Edited by Bargepole23

The worst I have seen (apart from Page Hall) is Norfolk Park Road  Ive no idea why there is so much litter strewn along there it really  was bad when I travelled along  there the other night Is this down to the students??

The litter problem on our streets in every area, in every town and city only seems to have started since - recycling and fortnightly bin collections.

1 hour ago, OPEN BORDERS said:

The litter problem on our streets in every area, in every town and city only seems to have started since - recycling and fortnightly bin collections.

Disagree.

The litter problem is entirely the fault of those who drop litter, because they are selfish, thoughtless and lazy. They couldn't care less about the impact on other people or the environment.

Much like fly tippers. They fly tip because they can't be bothered to go to the tip, or are not prepared to pay to dispose of waste as they should.

Problems with litter and leaves are often made worse depending on how the wind blows it!   We must live on the "wind junction" on our road, because despite the nearest trees being a fair distance away, leaves (and litter) always accumulate outside our gate.  Our neighbours 2 doors down get none!

12 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Are the school staff responsible for clearing up litter outside the school gates?

It's as much your responsibility as theirs so crack on. Or couldn't you care less? What a poor example you are setting.

I assume responsibility for it outside my own gates, and when necessary beyond. Do you?

There's a Facebook page called Sheffield Litter Pickers where people can contact local teams of volunteers and join in to keep their environments litter free.

7 hours ago, carosio said:

I assume responsibility for it outside my own gates, and when necessary beyond. Do you?

Yes, I certainly pick up litter in the street in my local area, hate to see it. Fortunately for me, we have very little litter around, I must live in an area where people have some social responsibility. 

I'm just pleased you will be assuming responsibility for this litter outside this school. Well done. 

3 ways to sort help this out

1,complain to SCC 

2, work with your local tara many meet and remove or offer free skip days

3,educate the public

but the first 2 are a quick solution ,and do work

On 26/01/2019 at 21:14, Bargepole23 said:

It is everyone's responsibility.

On 26/01/2019 at 21:52, Ms Interpret said:

The worst I have seen (apart from Page Hall) is Norfolk Park Road  Ive no idea why there is so much litter strewn along there it really  was bad when I travelled along  there the other night Is this down to the students??

This is an unfortunate corridoe for All Saints School, Goals Football and the Sheffield College and it seems to be a mess every time I go along there but by no means the worst I've seen.

On 27/01/2019 at 06:58, OPEN BORDERS said:

No.

On 27/01/2019 at 10:35, max said:

There's a Facebook page called Sheffield Litter Pickers where people can contact local teams of volunteers and join in to keep their environments litter free.

There is and we are doing a decent job but it is a bit of a sticking plaster so we're increasingly working with the council, Amey and Veolia to see if better systems can be put in place.

On 28/01/2019 at 10:44, bassett one said:

3 ways to sort help this out

1,complain to SCC 

2, work with your local tara many meet and remove or offer free skip days

3,educate the public

but the first 2 are a quick solution ,and do work

Complaining to the council will do nothing unless you mean reporting litter/fly tipping. If you do mean that then I'd suggest using the Fix My street app as it seems to get a better response than going to the council directly. That is because each report on there is public so the contractors do those first rather than the hidden email reports. Taras seem to be dying on their behinds, not sure I know of an effective one. Educating the public is the government, councils and contractors job and needs huge investment but won't get it.