Using Huawei p smart in Iceland (the country)

Help! I am in Iceland (country!) at the minute and my phone says emergency calls only. I'm with EE. When I was flying here I put it on airplane mode and it's only since then it's happening. Can anyone help please

If you took it out of Airplane mode, and it now says "Emergency Calls Only" then that means it cannot find a signal or network it can use...

I know it's no use now, but did you text ROAMING to 150 before heading over?

have a read here... https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/EE-roaming-Getting-ready-to-use-your-phone-abroad/td-p/674154

Thank you for that.

I've read it. Is there anything I can do now to get it back to normal now (sorry I'm not up on mobiles at all). I appreciate your advice. I can use the internet but can't ring or text message 

Other than contacting EE's help - I don't think so....

The last time I was on EE (it was Orange then) and had no problems so I suspect it is your handset/settings.

It might be worth sticking your SIM in someone elses (unlocked) phone just to check that you don't have any restrictions on making calls and sending texts.

Are you recieving calls/texts?

Good point made above - check in your network settings if you have Roaming enabled...

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The last time I was on EE (it was Orange then) and had no problems so I suspect it is your handset/settings.

It might be worth sticking your SIM in someone elses (unlocked) phone just to check that you don't have any restrictions on making calls and sending texts.

Are you recieving calls/texts?

No. When someone rings it says "this number is temporarily unavailable, please try again later"

You need to call EE and ask them to enable roaming on your account. Same thing happened to me.