Advice Needed :) Looking to move from Mansfield to Woodsetts or Worksop :)

Hi, 

We are looking to re-locate from Mansfield to Woodsetts ( Or anywhere around that area) 

Is it a good or a bad area please? We have a three year old Son so I want to make sure the schools are good etc...

I am new to Mansfield, We have only been here a few months and we are now looking into buying in the Worksop area so we are closer to family (live in Sheffield) 

We have seen an ideal house that is perfect for us so we would like to make sure its the right area first and it has been for sale for a very long time - which is concerning for us :( 

We also need to commute to Mansfield 5 days a week

Thank you for reading :) 

Jennie x

Try Cresswell ,Whitwell or Hodthorpe ,all good for Sheffield ,Worksop and Mansfield.

Woodsetts near Dinnington?

Yes it's a nice area, I don't know about the school, but I'm sure you can find the ofsted report online.

It's a fairly small village with a lot of green surrounding it.

I wouldn't have said that Woodsetts was the worksop area though, I know it's fairly close physically, but it's across the county boundary.

The commute to Mansfield would be easy enough, probably 30 mins in morning traffic, but see if you can figure out some way to test that out!

Thank you will take a look :)  Do you know if Woodsett has a good reputation? I cant seem to find much online about it :( x

Thank you Cyclone & Albert :) Totally new to the area, its a bit further out then what we was hoping for but we can get a lot for our money there and like you say the commute isn't huge :) I think we will go and take a look at the house xx

I don't live in the area anymore, my parents still do though.  It used to be one of the nicer villages in a fairly nice area.

Disclaimer: until Feb 2018, had lived in Worksop (Gateford, mc mansions bit) for years, kid went to Woodsetts primary, was commuting to near M'hall; so bear in mind any changes since then.

Woodsetts is nicer than Worksop, but the real estate has long been loudly overpriced, and there's little in the way of shops/amenities. You get a lot more bricks/land for your money Worksop-way. But then town, so more noise/traffic/crime, etc.

The Woodsetts primary school was long rated outstanding, don't know if it still is, and it was very good indeed, but class sizes were becoming a concern (victim of their own success). It's in the middle of a small estate with narrow roads, and a pig to park around for dropping off kids, though. We didn't rate any of the more local secondary schools (Dinnington, Worksop) at the relevant time, so our kid went to Retford.

Thing to bear in mind for services: Woodsetts is still RMBC, Worksop is Bassetlaw.

Hi we built some houses there but a long time ago seemed a very nice place but i bet houses are expensive there now . Had a great pub nice village no yob os 

I lived in Workop 1992 to 2000 and have since lived in Laughton (next to Dinnington). Most of those areas you mention seem to be good for travelling. I travelled to Sheffield, Rotherham and Newark.  We also looked at the big estate near Dobbies at Barlborough.  Anston and Aston are close to A57, A1 and M1 for travelling.  There are some really nice areas in Worksop and some really rough areas. 

I can't comment on schools as nobody I know has school age children now in those areas.

Sometimes a house is overpriced, hence it stays on the market. Ask the agent outright about offers etc. See if they will give you any information as to why it has been on so long. I know there were a lot of signs up about fracking a year or so ago, that can put people off. 

Suppose it all depends upon your budget. There are more new houses being built on the Gateford estate in Worksop. (The present ones have been there about 20 years). In addition there seems to be new houses being built on the other side of the by-pass from Gateford.

I would imagine they may have to think of extra schools with all these new family homes bring built.

Commute to Mansfield - down the bypass and then pick up the A617(?) to Chesterfield. 

The A57 road improvement from the M1 to Anston has helped the journey time to and from Sheffield.  Worksop has become much closer to Sheffield but you get a great deal more for your £.

Edited by abbeyedges

18 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Worksop to mansfield would be straight down the A60.

At peak times I have found less obvious routes are quicker than the A roads, less traffic jams so you keep moving.  I found this especially the case on Friday afternoons.