Recommendations for an Android phone with good reception

A few years ago I got a Sony L1 and for the first time the call quality was better than a land line. Not sure if that was improvements in the tech or if Sony put in some fancy electronics or speakers.
About a year ago replaced it with a Huawei Honor and instead of getting a borderline voice signal in poor reception areas, I get one good enough for hotspot data.
Thinking of upgrading and looking at the reviews there is little mention of reception, which seems odd, so, any recommendations or avoids?

55 minutes ago, ChrisIB said:

Thinking of upgrading and looking at the reviews there is little mention of reception, which seems odd, so, any recommendations or avoids?

Reception depends on the network you are on and where you are more than the phone.

I have a dual-sim Nokia with an Orange sim and a Vodafone sim in it and I don't think they have ever had the same number of signal bars. One pace could be full 6 bars of Orange and 1 of Vodafone then two blocks away it could be the other way round.

At the start of the mobile era, some phones had a better reputation than others for reception but I think they are all of a muchness now.

At the start of the mobile era, some phones had a better reputation than others for reception but I think they are all of a muchness now.

Not sure, my experience was with the same network, O2. Android gives the signal strength in dBm from

System, About phone, Status, Network, Signal strength