Charlie Brown Garage at Hillsborough

Hi,

first post on the forum. Does anyone know who actually owns the now defunct Charlie Brown garage on Penistone Road North , opposite the Sheffield Wednesday ground. It’s an iconic garage with its 2 concrete towers on its roof.  Wondered if it was up for sale and by who. Done some googling but to no avail

I suspect it will be getting knocked down alongside what used to be the scrap yard  ,the guys in the scrap yard told me the area is being redeveloped 

Ok thanks. Saw the old garage yesterday and it looked like a good spot. Any ideas who is planning on developing it at all please 

Edited by Leeski

1 hour ago, Leeski said:

My firm is looking for land to build a brand new building for a prestigous brand of motorcycle. 

Doesn't SMC at the Wicker sell Ducatis?

I always suspected the towers (pedestals) were designed to hold a car on top, like a mini, although it would have to be secured against high winds.

19 hours ago, Leeski said:

Ok thanks. Saw the old garage yesterday and it looked like a good spot. Any ideas who is planning on developing it at all please 

The guys in the old scrap yard said the land was owned by Sheffield Wednesday and they were developing on it ,don't know how true that is though 

5 hours ago, carosio said:

I always suspected the towers (pedestals) were designed to hold a car on top, like a mini, although it would have to be secured against high winds.

I think there used to be a car on top of one of the pedestals.

Edited by kidneystone

On 23/01/2019 at 20:25, rudds1 said:

I suspect it will be getting knocked down alongside what used to be the scrap yard  ,the guys in the scrap yard told me the area is being redeveloped 

I thought the scrapyard was directly across the dual carriageway from Charlie Brown's 😀

A company is storing tyres in there seen twice now, big yellow vans, just forgot the name.