Jump to content

Drakehouse Car Parks

Recommended Posts

When Crystal Peaks first opened and there was no Drakehouse, KFC,Argos. There was just an over spill car park for peaks. That's why the stairs and lift down to peaks are there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kaufman said:

When Crystal Peaks first opened and there was no Drakehouse, KFC,Argos. There was just an over spill car park for peaks. That's why the stairs and lift down to peaks are there

That is correct...i used it myself many times and walked over the bridge to the market etc...rather than park in the car park as it was always full

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/01/2019 at 11:26, Kaufman said:

When Crystal Peaks first opened and there was no Drakehouse, KFC,Argos. There was just an over spill car park for peaks. That's why the stairs and lift down to peaks are there

Which I suspect many still park in there and do the same as you, unaware of the change in ownership & now getting invoiced, believing its still part of the same site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a bit confused. At Christmas I asked at the customer information desk at Crystal Peaks if I could park in the Argos / Tkmaxx car park and walk down to the main shopping area. I was told that I could as that part was CP retail park and is part of Crystal Peaks. Has that changed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rollypolly said:

I'm a bit confused. At Christmas I asked at the customer information desk at Crystal Peaks if I could park in the Argos / Tkmaxx car park and walk down to the main shopping area. I was told that I could as that part was CP retail park and is part of Crystal Peaks. Has that changed?

Don't be confused.

Contrary to the implications of the OP, there is NO restriction on you parking in Argos/TKMaxx and walking out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rollypolly said:

I'm a bit confused. At Christmas I asked at the customer information desk at Crystal Peaks if I could park in the Argos / Tkmaxx car park and walk down to the main shopping area. I was told that I could as that part was CP retail park and is part of Crystal Peaks. Has that changed?

At the roundabout there is a sign pointing towards the Argos side for Crystal Peaks parking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, enntee said:

Don't be confused.

Contrary to the implications of the OP, there is NO restriction on you parking in Argos/TKMaxx and walking out.

The bill/invoice the OP received (whether they could have not paid it, fought it etc is neither here nor there) suggests there are restrictions in place.

 

Next time I’m up there I’ll find a board and take a picture of it.

Edited by tinfoilhat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Enntee andKaufman. That makes sense. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have the power to get silly things like this knocked in the head. Do not give them your custom, any of them at all. Within a week the daft rules will be altered to let you park in any of the car parks.

And some people wonder why tin'ternet shopping is killing the businesses where the "lets go shopping" folk like to visit. Is there any wonder.

 

Angel1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

The bill/invoice the OP received (whether they could have not paid it, fought it etc is neither here nor there) suggests there are restrictions in place.

 

Next time I’m up there I’ll find a board and take a picture of it.

OP was over at PetsatHome, not Argos.

I've seen the boards at Argos today and there is definitely no restriction on leaving the site. That is the corner to use if wanting the underpass/stairs down to the main Crystal Peaks.

Was too busy to look over the other side of Drakehouse, so would still be interested to learn if they are different.

Edited by enntee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was told by customer services that you can't park near Argos and walk across to the homebase car park as that is classed as Drake house and employ different car parking attendants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously who doesn't know this. Sure the park names are a give away! Argos but is Crystal Peaks 2 and has nothing to do with Drakehouse.

Give the fact there is also major roads between the sites it should be obvious they are not connected 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.