Drakehouse Car Parks

Did you know that the Drakehouse retail park is split into 3 areas (top bit B&M, Homebase etc, bottom bit Argos, Pizza Hut etc, and the new Aldi, Greggs etc bit) Also did you know that they're all owned by different people and you're not allowed to park up in one bit and then walk across to another. You will end up with a fine if caught. I created a post about this yesterday but it's been moved to a megathread which will end up lost in the forum. Ideally wanted it to be a stand alone post so as many people as possible see it. Just trying to warn everyone.

Edited by Yankees71

IT was seen yesterday....

If you carry on like this the forum moderators are likley to take interest....

Sounds like a right old load of rubbish

I knew that before the latest/top part was built, there were two separate retail parks;

-Drakehouse, with Curry's/Smyth's/Homebase etc.

-Crystal Peaks Retail Park, with Argos/Pizza Hut, etc.

I actually thought the new top area was an extension of Drakehouse, I don't know why.

Becoming a common thing. Elsewhere recently:

Shoppers’ fury at ‘leaving the site’ parking fines

https://thelincolnite.co.uk/2019/01/shoppers-fury-at-leaving-the-site-parking-fines/

Its worrying that you can't even get away with it even if you buy something from the site you're parked on.

Edited by alchresearch

Seriously who would want to part at Sports Direct and walk all the way down to Next?

Its more infuriating than looking for a parking space ,even at Christmas. I've literally just returned - parked @ TK maxx moved the car to Sport Direct then drove to Sainsburys.

I didn't know this, thank you for letting me know.

37 minutes ago, willman said:

Seriously who would want to part at Sports Direct and walk all the way down to Next?

Its more infuriating than looking for a parking space ,even at Christmas. I've literally just returned - parked @ TK maxx moved the car to Sport Direct then drove to Sainsburys.

Seems kinda wasteful in todays environmentally conscious world though?  Granted, you've done the 'correct' thing and avoided a ticket.

21 minutes ago, dacrlit said:

I didn't know this, thank you for letting me know.

Yea, do all the shopping online now and avoid these total cowboys, no wonder brick and mortar retailers are having trouble if they're taking the <removed> like this.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

Edited by nikki-red

Looking at the Lincoln escapades i suppose i'm not allowed to park at Asda Chesterfield and walk into the town for Primark either. oh dear.

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Becoming a common thing. Elsewhere recently:

Shoppers’ fury at ‘leaving the site’ parking fines

https://thelincolnite.co.uk/2019/01/shoppers-fury-at-leaving-the-site-parking-fines/

Its worrying that you can't even get away with it even if you buy something from the site you're parked on.

But what if 4 of you get out of a car and 2 of you walk out? Do you still get fined? Do you just get fined if you’re the driver? What if the two people leaving are 16 or under? 

I understand - sort of - why they try and keep Everyman and his dog parking there and getting a tram into Sheffield, but really, this is daft.

6 hours ago, Yankees71 said:

Did you know that the Drakehouse retail park is split into 3 areas (top bit B&M, Homebase etc, bottom bit Argos, Pizza Hut etc, and the new Aldi, Greggs etc bit) Also did you know that they're all owned by different people and you're not allowed to park up in one bit and then walk across to another. You will end up with a fine if caught. I created a post about this yesterday but it's been moved to a megathread which will end up lost in the forum. Ideally wanted it to be a stand alone post so as many people as possible see it. Just trying to warn everyone.

Thanks for the heads up, and yes I agree, it would've got lost in a megathread, as I hadn't seen it. They're the blight of the forum.

7 hours ago, Yankees71 said:

It does seem daft. 

However look at it from their perspective. Lets say you're the owner of the new bit with Aldi, There aren't many spaces to begin with  so imagine that most of the spaces are taken by shoppers who have parked there because there are no spaces on Drakehouse or Crystal peaks & then wandered off to Drakehouse/Crystal Peaks. It means then there are no spaces for shoppers actually wanting to visit the store that are there. Over time the stores will lose money because they're paying rates and not seeing a good income return so will leave. So then the owners have to find new stores to inhabit but because of the lack of actual visitors they'd have to cut their rates and not make any money on their investment. 

I suppose they could introduce timed parking enforcement measures, I know a car park in Barnsley, near town centre where there are 2 stores. On exiting one store, provided you've made a qualifying purchase, you enter your reg plate in to the system and you get an hour's free parking, if you then visit the 2nd store and again, make a qualifying purchase and enter your details again you get a further hour. 

Tescos in Rotherham town centre also have a similar system. Spend £5 or more in store and you get upto 3 hours free parking from the time you entered it. 

Morrisions in Barnsley has a ticket system where you pay £1 for 2 hours. If you spend £1 or more in store they will refund your parking. 

Edited by Resident