Drakehouse Car Parks

Drakehouse car park is the worst car park ever, Pistol Creaks isn't much better. I'm sure drivers up there pretend they are on their first driving lesson ever. Seriously, I cant get my flares on with that place, good luck if you still want your bumpers still attached to your car when you go back to it. That will be a Saturday afternoon I will never get back. As for going elsewhere while you are there? there are no CTV camera's apparently, Certainly not ones that pick up drivers that have ripped your rear bumper clean off :roll:. Went to Aldi up there yesterday, Someone has ripped the 10 mile an hour road sign clean out of the ground, are people really that bad at navigating car parks? 

36 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

Drakehouse car park is the worst car park ever, Pistol Creaks isn't much better. I'm sure drivers up there pretend they are on their first driving lesson ever. Seriously, I cant get my flares on with that place, good luck if you still want your bumpers still attached to your car when you go back to it. That will be a Saturday afternoon I will never get back. As for going elsewhere while you are there? there are no CTV camera's apparently, Certainly not ones that pick up drivers that have ripped your rear bumper clean off :roll:. Went to Aldi up there yesterday, Someone has ripped the 10 mile an hour road sign clean out of the ground, are people really that bad at navigating car parks? 

Probably a Frenchman, surprised he didn't take out the parking signs while he was at it.

This is really useful information for SF members to know; thankfully the mods have so far seen fit to allow this thread to exist apart from the general parking ticket megathread.

Also, thanks to the OP for taking the time to share this information.

It seems like a very shady practice to me; and I'll be trying to avoid the place as a consequence.

Retailers need to learn; if these ripoff merchants continue to prey on their customers, then their customers will rightly start looking for alternative places to shop (e.g. online). 

Edited by Waldo

12 hours ago, Resident said:

However look at it from their perspective. Lets say you're the owner of the new bit with Aldi, There aren't many spaces to begin with 

Why are these places allowed to be slung up with insufficient parking in the first place though??

Also, has the legality of this been tested?

Can a PPC attach conditions they like to the contract for parking?

For example, customers may park for up to 2 hours, and must not be wearing a pink hat. Would that be just as enforceable as 2 hours, and must not leave site?

Edited by Waldo

Probably not specifically, it was tested in general.

The industry had to be regulated once before because they can't behave themselves, that was when they had their clamps taken away.

It looks like further regulation needs to happen again IMO.

4 hours ago, geared said:

Why are these places allowed to be slung up with insufficient parking in the first place though??

Cynical as it may sound, empty land makes no money for the council in terms of rates. 

If you want to discuss the separate car parks at Drakehouse please do so.
If you want to discuss PCNs in general please use the dedicated megathread.

Thank you.

Oops.  I've often parked in Drakehouse and walked down to Peaks when their car parks have been full.  I've also shopped in Homebase as well, on my return to the car but not always.  Ta for the heads-up.

There were guys putting tickets on cars in the B&Q, Curry’s, Pets at home car park in worksop if people walked over the road to Wickes. 

On 22/01/2019 at 14:46, Yankees71 said:

Did you know that the Drakehouse retail park is split into 3 areas (top bit B&M, Homebase etc, bottom bit Argos, Pizza Hut etc, and the new Aldi, Greggs etc bit) Also did you know that they're all owned by different people and you're not allowed to park up in one bit and then walk across to another. You will end up with a fine if caught. I created a post about this yesterday but it's been moved to a megathread which will end up lost in the forum. Ideally wanted it to be a stand alone post so as many people as possible see it. Just trying to warn everyone.

I have done the same many, many times over the years and haven't been tagged, so been very lucky. Following your post I won't do it again! I'll advise my wife too, we would both rather walk than drive a few yards but won't risk it now.

Also in addition to your post, bear in mind that Sam Jones gym has it's own dedicated parking area in the "Argos / Boots" car park. There us a sign up explaining this but initially you mistake it for one of the usual ones. I did park here once and didn't notice the sign's different warning until I got back. Again got lucky and not tagged.

14 hours ago, Tim1 said:

There were guys putting tickets on cars in the B&Q, Curry’s, Pets at home car park in worksop if people walked over the road to Wickes. 

Thanks for that...i was parked there on Tuesday  and walked it down into Worksop centre...i have been doing this for years...i also walk over the road to the burger van....has to be the best for miles......will park over the road  next to the burger van in future.....