is sheffield heading the same way as London

with crimes such as involving mopeds, shop raids, ram raids, midday robberies?

Possibly. But you never can tell.

A ram raid using a moped would be amusing, especially at midday - it would give loads of folk a laugh,

2 hours ago, prolific said:

with crimes such as involving mopeds, shop raids, ram raids, midday robberies?

Probably.  Cultural enrichment and all that. 

49 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Midday robberies - God forbid.

Didn't know Tories were called god.

9 hours ago, Longcol said:

A ram raid using a moped would be amusing, especially at midday - it would give loads of folk a laugh,

A bike got used to ram in to a shop in dinnington area ,the shop owner had fitted bollards so thieves used said bike to fit in between bollards and rammed door open. .been about 3 ram raids up there very recently as well 

Perhaps my 2 bed terrace will be worth £1.5m

It will do so long as they continue to let the public do the donkey work for them present the people guilty on a platter jump court and still not arrest them.

I was born in Sheffield in the late 50's, grew up there throughout the '60's and 70's,  before moving to live and work in London in 1979...and I'm still living and working in London over 40 years later! All my family are still in Sheff though, and I've been up to stay with them,  usually for a week at a time,  at least 3 or 4 times a year, ever since I moved down to London. 

I don't deny that Sheffield has changed beyond recognition since I left there in '79, but please, please  believe me when I tell you that no way is Sheffield heading the same way as London. They're just two completely different places - different cultures, different atmospheres, attitudes etc.   

I love Sheffield, because it's home, it's my roots - and I love London too, because it's a great capital city  - and it's given me a pretty good life too, over the last 40 years. You can't compare Sheffield to London though.....which is a very good thing, in my opinion.

There's an epidemic of robberies, burglaries, ram raids, cash point theft, vehicle damage and theft etc etc in Sheffield, its totally out of control with virtually no police time or punishment meted out, something the working class will have to learn to live with I'm afraid.

23 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

There's an epidemic of robberies, burglaries, ram raids, cash point theft, vehicle damage and theft etc etc in Sheffield, its totally out of control

Really?

There are far more posts on SF in the last few months complaining about speed cameras and the like than claiming there is a crime epidemic.