Second World War Memorial Vandalised

White paint has been sprayed over a memorial of Bomber Command in Green Park London and it’s not the first time this has happened.

This memorial is for the the fifty six thousand men who lost their life and men who served in Bomber Command during WW2.

These were young men who had to go out night after night and face danger so we could live our way of life. 

Who could do such a thing? I hope they catch the people who vandalised the sculptor.

They should make them clean the memorial and the surounding area so it all matches.   When I say clean I mean no paint remaining at all and checked with a microscope.   No brushes or cloths to be supplied and all cleaning fluids to be bought by the scrotes

Its quite evident that these vandals were nit brought up properly so their parents should be named and shamed in local media too.

Edited by fill

The toerags who did this should be handed over the Armed Forces ,and let the squaddies hand down justice to them. 

I can't condone vandalism of this nature, but suspect it might be in protest at the appalling death toll our bomber crews inflicted on German civilians. Hamburg had about 40,000 killed, 37000 wounded and about a million who fled for safety.

That being said there's no doubting the bravery of the bomber crews and I think the people that did this would be better using their revulsion at the bombing of civilians to try and persuade our government to stop selling arms to the Saudis who are using them to inflict atrocities on the civilian population of Yemen.

2 hours ago, Halibut said:

I can't condone vandalism of this nature, but suspect it might be in protest at the appalling death toll our bomber crews inflicted on German civilians. Hamburg had about 40,000 killed, 37000 wounded and about a million who fled for safety.

That being said there's no doubting the bravery of the bomber crews and I think the people that did this would be better using their revulsion at the bombing of civilians to try and persuade our government to stop selling arms to the Saudis who are using them to inflict atrocities on the civilian population of Yemen.

Ever heard the phrase 'Sow the wind and reap the whirlwind'?

4 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Ever heard the phrase 'Sow the wind and reap the whirlwind'?

Yes of course Jim. Are you suggesting that it somehow diminishes the awfulness of the bombing?

There is people who believe that their campaign was controversial because of 

the number of civilians who lost their life, but they didn’t start the war. 

If Hitler wasn’t defeated how many civilians would he go on to murder?

If they do catch the despicable people who sprayed the paint then we might get answers.

9 hours ago, Halibut said:

So, someone has become offended, 75 years on?  

3 hours ago, Halibut said:

Yes of course Jim. Are you suggesting that it somehow diminishes the awfulness of the bombing?

People know what happened in Dresden, it's not new news. War is shot in lots of ways and terrible things happen that in hindsight are difficult to come to terms with.

Crews on British bombers had some of the worst death rates in the forces, only 30% of those who flew reached the end of the conflict without being killed, injured or taken prisoner. Many of those men were denied a campaign medal following the war, because of the horrors in Dresden etc, despite them risking their lives nightly to help this country falling to fascism.

I'm glad they were willing to do so, and people who throw paint on a statue in their honour should think on that it was the sacrifice of brave men and women that gives them the freedom to express views in a democracy.

55 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Perhaps; it's just one possible explanation. Interesting piece here https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/firestorms-darken-our-past-those-who-defend-bomber-harriss-destruction-of-german-cities-are-wrong-1374893.html which explains some of the reasoning behind those who don't like what happened.

Then throw it at bomber Harris's statue and make your point properly and, I don't know, do it in daylight and have the ******** to face the consequences. 

On 22/01/2019 at 00:04, Halibut said:

Odd then that no one throws their hands in the air in mock anger over the two nuclear bombs that were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  Between 60 thousand and 80 thousand were killed instantly and tens of thousands died later on at Hiroshima. The final count was 135,000 dead. Followed on by 40 thousand, rising to 50 thousand later at Nagasaki. So 185 thousand dead in total in two Cities.

Angel1.