"I want to buy your house" leaflet

Had a leaflet through my door today - bright yellow card - it appears to be hand written in sharpie - but isn't - saying

"Hi, can you help me?

I am looking to a buy a property in your street

I have funds available to buy quickly if needed.

If you are thinking of selling, or know someone who is, please call me to discuss.

Thank you

Karen

Mobile number"

Now after a quick search it seems the more middle class of us are using this as a technique to buy in areas where houses don't come up very often - a tip nicked off Location, Location, Location,

HOWEVER - living in a council estate in the north of Sheffield I don't think Jacinta and Timothy are thinking of gentrifying my area just yet - which begs the question - what the hell?

I like the way the ad is nicely ambiguous " a property in your street" - and surely if someone is selling they'd have a for sale sign and you'd contact their estate agents. 

I recall getting one of these I just binned a few years ago without much thought - but I'd love to know if anyone has had one in any other areas.  I'm in Parson Cross.

I think it may be these dodgy "we buy any house" lot.

I would call the number but can't be arsed.  Anyone had same?

We had something similar a few years ago.  The leaflet said they were looking for somewhere in walking distance of the NGH

24 minutes ago, Rosetinted said:

Had a leaflet through my door today - bright yellow card - it appears to be hand written in sharpie - but isn't - saying

"Hi, can you help me?

I am looking to a buy a property in your street

I have funds available to buy quickly if needed.

If you are thinking of selling, or know someone who is, please call me to discuss.

Thank you

Karen

Mobile number"

Now after a quick search it seems the more middle class of us are using this as a technique to buy in areas where houses don't come up very often - a tip nicked off Location, Location, Location,

HOWEVER - living in a council estate in the north of Sheffield I don't think Jacinta and Timothy are thinking of gentrifying my area just yet - which begs the question - what the hell?

I like the way the ad is nicely ambiguous " a property in your street" - and surely if someone is selling they'd have a for sale sign and you'd contact their estate agents. 

I recall getting one of these I just binned a few years ago without much thought - but I'd love to know if anyone has had one in any other areas.  I'm in Parson Cross.

I think it may be these dodgy "we buy any house" lot.

I would call the number but can't be arsed.  Anyone had same?

If you were thinking of selling and the offer they made was based on an independent agents valuation it could save you a fortune in estate agents sales fees.

I don't think there's anything dodgy about We Buy Any House. You get your cash quick but you pay a hefty price for it. The choice is yours.

We had one through the door a couple of weeks ago in Greystones. The writer of the letter was offering to rent the house for a few months with a view to purchasing it off us at market value a few months down the line. 

I asked an estate agent about it, his opinion was that he'd heard of similar things before, however he did seem a bit puzzled about the rental element of the letter.  Usually they are when people want to relocate due to a certain school.

1 hour ago, bungleboy69 said:

We had one through the door a couple of weeks ago in Greystones. The writer of the letter was offering to rent the house for a few months with a view to purchasing it off us at market value a few months down the line. 

I asked an estate agent about it, his opinion was that he'd heard of similar things before, however he did seem a bit puzzled about the rental element of the letter.  Usually they are when people want to relocate due to a certain school.

Yes, the school theory makes sense. They rent for 6 months, get Tristram into the school they want and then hand the keys back.

Maybe if you call the number it transfers to a premium rate line??

Google the number then?

we got the same one  the other day by the looks of it. worth considering if your after a quick sale i guess but not sure how much lower under market value they'd offer

Edited by NERVY-OWL

Might've been just to Get Prospective Customer\ Names Addresses\Tel Numbers???

Possibly for A New ONLINE Estate Agents, looking like they have clients???

On 22/01/2019 at 12:43, lil-minx92 said:

Maybe if you call the number it transfers to a premium rate line??

No such thing (as a number that transfers like that).

Try Googling VoIP Numbers or VoIPfone, As a company, you could be,...... In Bangkok with a London Styled Number....