Window cleaning with "smart" water?

My gran used to swear by a drop of Vinegar in bucket!

When washing Windows......

Never tried it though....I don't like the Taste..

In Spain they use wet newspaper, I tried it and it works a treat.

Since Digital I don't get newspaper's except Metro on buses..

However I did catch up with a window cleaner today, who put me on his List💎💦🙌👍

I always thought that Smart Water was the stuff police/security used to dowse theives in:

With microscopic address ID in? Has this ceased?

Now I see Smart Water to Drink, Now Pure Smart Water! To clean windows?

Why not call it what it is H20, or Heavy water H30,  instead of giving it New Names.

I'm really confused now I'm older!

On 22/01/2019 at 18:26, jaffa1 said:

In Spain they use wet newspaper, I tried it and it works a treat.

That was a well-known trick for cleaning car windscreens over here many years ago, but it was something to do with the type of ink used in those days if memory serves. Another ruse was to rub half a raw potato across the screen which supposedly worked in the same way as Rain-X.

On 21/01/2019 at 21:51, fill said:

Me too but I threw away the net curtains the day i moved in. 

They don't get dirty.   No kids in the house and no pets

Don't travelling window cleaners only clean the outside?  Kids and pets don't really have any impact.

On 21/01/2019 at 11:59, geared said:

This assumes the cleaner is actually using deionised water and hasn't just bought the smart water kit and filled it with normal tap water?

That's exactly how it works, they fill the tank with tap water and turn on the RO unit.

14 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

That was a well-known trick for cleaning car windscreens over here many years ago, but it was something to do with the type of ink used in those days if memory serves. Another ruse was to rub half a raw potato across the screen which supposedly worked in the same way as Rain-X.

Windolene and newspapers are still the best for interior glass.  But yes, newspapers are in short supply nowadays.

Rain-x is amazing, but short lived effect in my experience.

36 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Don't travelling window cleaners only clean the outside?  Kids and pets don't really have any impact.

Travelling? As opposed to resident window cleaners? :P

Edited by Phanerothyme

Yes, like if I clean my windows, I'll do the inside as well, where perhaps pets and children might have made a difference to the level of dirt.  I don't travel around though, I won't be offering to do my neighbours windows :D

On 21/01/2019 at 11:59, geared said:

This assumes the cleaner is actually using deionised water and hasn't just bought the smart water kit and filled it with normal tap water?

You'd be suprised how much this actually happens, still shocks me tbh. A cowboy can easily pick up a cheap pole and brush, a 25l water barrel and a £15 pump off ebay. A reverse osmosis system and DI resin however don't have a cheap option.

I personally use water fed pole and am very strict regarding the level of my TDS, I have over 250 customers who are cleaned this way on a rolling 4 weekly basis and a large percentage have actually mentioned to me how they prefer it, although were a little sceptical initially.

Confuse them next time you see them and ask to show you their TDS reading, you should be seeing 000ppm but certainly no more than 010. If they make an excuse, you know you're getting ladybowers finest.