Window cleaning with "smart" water?

What are your thoughts about it?

Our window cleaner started using a  pole-fed so-called smart water system a few months ago. I'm sure he's happy using it because it saves him carting and climbing ladders for the upper floor, but the results look a bit strange to me! They never look particularly clean...

He called here about an hour ago, but when I look around, all the windows still have masses of water beads hanging on the glass - is that the idea?!

On one occasion it was a really windy day - obviously not his fault! - and leaves and dust stuck to the water, which made the windows look worse than before he'd done 'em!

Edited by RiffRaff

When the 'smart' water beads dry out they should not leave any residue or marks as rain and tap water does. 

They use deionized water ie 'pure water' as it has no bits or dissolved substances in it as well as slightly different physical properties which are supposed to give a better finish. 

It can take a few goes to condition the panes to pure water cleaning, and get them perfecly clean, but once they are, they should attract and retain less film and dirt than normally washed windows.

My understanding is they use Reverse Osmosis purified water, literally pure H2O with nothing in it (<10ppm dissolved solids).

I have net curtains, so I only have the windows cleaned once every few years!

This assumes the cleaner is actually using deionised water and hasn't just bought the smart water kit and filled it with normal tap water?

Which is why I had recently a Current Ad on here (SF)  for  A Traditional Style WINDOW CLEANER with his own LADDERS....

Maybe they are too busy or too Shy to Quote Me?

If any window cleaner wants to expand their round please PM me.

Edited by DeZeus
expanding

2 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

What are your thoughts about it?

Our window cleaner started using a  pole-fed so-called smart water system a few months ago. I'm sure he's happy using it because it saves him carting and climbing ladders for the upper floor, but the results look a bit strange to me! They never look particularly clean...

He called here about an hour ago, but when I look around, all the windows still have masses of water beads hanging on the glass - is that the idea?!

On one occasion it was a really windy day - obviously not his fault! - and leaves and dust stuck to the water, which made the windows look worse than before he'd done 'em!

Are you S36 area? Ours recently changed and I'm thinking of sacking him off! 

Didnt have them cleaned for  over a year and they werent particularly dirty but thought Id get a window cleaner anyway. They seem to be noticeably dirtier after a few weeks now ive started having them cleaned

It looks like it uses too much water. Our double glazing is about 12-13 years old and we had two units must up after the window cleaner switched to the new technique. We only get the windows at the front and sides of the house done, and not the back, as the window cleaner usually turns up when we’re out and the back yard is locked up. Only the units at the front have failed since he got the new kit.

8 hours ago, El Cid said:

Lol...that made laugh

10 hours ago, El Cid said:

Me too but I threw away the net curtains the day i moved in. 

They don't get dirty.   No kids in the house and no pets

I've  been having my windows cleaned like this for the last 2 years because my other window cleaners were breaking my plastic guttering  by resting their ladders on it, knocking sky dishes off with their ladders and walking  across  the roof slates instead of coming back down the ladder and moving it on.

With the new system I find when the water droplets  dry on the windows they are noticeable  and the window ledgers don't  get wiped like with the traditional window cleaner. Also on one window which  has leaded strips one was lifted with the long pipe hose that they use. So which is the better? Who knows.

I clean my windows with washing up liquid and tap water about once a month and I have to work really hard to make sure there is no smear marks when drying them.  My neighbour has a window cleaner who comes once a month, they use a pole and pure water.  I have never seen a mark on their windows, they stay clean longer than mine. When the sun shines on my windows you can see some smear marks, never seen them on my neighbours.  Annie Bynnol is correct when saying smart water is better than tap water.