What does the brain know about the body?

So at a certain age, hair starts protruding from the notrels & ears of the older male. I can't help thinking that the human  brain is aware of future events, and wants to protect us.

Personally I yank them out- Invariably several at a time ! Of course it hurts, but it's swift, and over & done with by the time I come back down from the ceiling.

I have this vision of a conversation going on between different parts of the brain.

The pain receptor marching over to request a sit down with the part that triggers these  unexplained bodily occurrences.

"Now this sudden hair sprouting has got to stop! I'm the only one feeling the pain.

"Don't blame me-I"m just the messenger"

"Chemical messenger?

"Yeah"

"Well who do I see the Amygdala?"

" Waste of time at the moment ,  out of action for a few hours. Something to do with a load of special brew flooding the area".

Thickening of toe nails that I have noticed quite recently. A right job to trim with scissors now. I almost need to fetch the tin snips in from the garage.

Then there's the Dennis Healey eyebrows . At least they can be trimmed with scissors.

As for elderly women with mustaches I just don't have a clue.

Don’t worry about it,  it’s just a consequence of growing old.

Buy an electric shaving device  thingy and the problem’s sorted in minutes. 

Edited by Mossway
Apostrophe

For ladies with a moustache there are a few things on the market. Laser hair removal which is suppose to be permanent.  Also creams that remove hair, which isn’t permanent.  Waxing which I suspect can be painful.

1 hour ago, Janus said:

Then there's the Dennis Healey eyebrows . At least they can be trimmed with scissors.

Hedge trimmers might be better.

We know  that it is one of the things that occur as we get older, and I am not worrying.

I have a curious mind.  So far no one has put their theories forward  of why it happens.  We need a boffin on the case.  😉