W Richardson’s

Possible exposure to asbestos  hi I am looking for anybody who worked for a company in Sheffield called W Richardson’s in the 1960s it was a industrial pipe work and engineering company based on corporation street if anybody who knows someone  that has suffered from asbestosis or mesothelioma from working here  please get in touch or anybody who could give me names of anyone who worked there.

Edited by Louise Naylor

6 hours ago, Louise Naylor said:

Possible exposure to asbestos  hi I am looking for anybody who worked for a company in Sheffield called Richardson’s in the 1960s anybody that has suffered from asbestosis or mesothelioma. Please get in touch or anybody who could give me names of anybody who worked there.

Was Richardson's a cutlery firm ?

Hi I’m not sure, my dad has just been diagnosed with mesothelioma and we think it’s been caused by working at this firm just trying to find out if anyone else has been affected.

There are/were several companies by that name.

Try Companies House (free) at  http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcframe?name=accessCompanyInfo

but beware to focus on whichever company is really the one that you want. The only constant is the company registration number; company names are often changed, which can lead to considerable confusion.

6 minutes ago, Louise Naylor said:

Hi I’m not sure, my dad has just been diagnosed with mesothelioma and we think it’s been caused by working at this firm just trying to find out if anyone else has been affected.

Where your dad worked, what did they do  (produce, manufacture, dismantle etc) that might have led to his ailment ?

Hi Louise - to try to find out the actual name of the company I looked in old Kelly's directories for firms in Corporation Street that would have installed pipework. A possibility is W. Richardson & Co. Ltd at 17 Corporation Street. They are shown as "ventilating engineers" in the 1960s and "heating engineers" in 1973-74. Here is a scan from 1965. https://i.postimg.cc/NFKM4wFv/17-Richardson.jpg

Edited by hillsbro