Steam trains through Sheffield 2019/2020

The capping of the train at Reading was due to

a loco fault - Injectors(s) a class 37 diesel had been attached earlier to assist 

Tornado 60163 is due through Sheffield tomorrow evening (Sat 11th May).

Assuming it's on time - passing through Dore at 18:48,  passing through Sheffield station (currently listed as platform 2) at 19:08.

Then a 40 minute stop at Brightside (presumably to meet with a water tanker)

Through Meadowhall at 19:59 and Chapeltown at 20:05.

23 hours ago, Dalek Boy said:

Tornado 60163 is due through Sheffield tomorrow evening (Sat 11th May).

Assuming it's on time - passing through Dore at 18:48,  passing through Sheffield station (currently listed as platform 2) at 19:08.

Then a 40 minute stop at Brightside (presumably to meet with a water tanker)

Through Meadowhall at 19:59 and Chapeltown at 20:05.

Thanks, it was on time and as I was in the area at that time anyway went to see and it was cute to watch. Many people on that old train waiving at the people looking at it on the way.

On 05/05/2019 at 19:30, Annie Bynnol said:

Edited by Phili Buster

12 hours ago, dutch said:

Thanks, it was on time and as I was in the area at that time anyway went to see and it was cute to watch. Many people on that old train waiving at the people looking at it on the way.

Glad you enjoyed seeing it. 

Although Tornado is anything but old. It was only completed in 2008, having being built from scratch rather than being a restoration. 

It even managed to touch 100mph a couple of years ago. 

1 hour ago, Dalek Boy said:

Glad you enjoyed seeing it. 

Although Tornado is anything but old. It was only completed in 2008, having being built from scratch rather than being a restoration. 

It even managed to touch 100mph a couple of years ago. 

Newer and better than the old northern trains I take and it was on time.

It's fun seeing a train blowing a cloud of steam, it has a certain character. 

Not a steam train anymore but the newest and longest passenger trains will be rolling through South Yorkshire in the middle of certain night for some months to come.

All three Scottish sleepers will form one train north and another southbound through Doncaster instead of Crewe.

Does anybody know what the steam special was that went along the Hope Valley line towards Manchester today (09.09.19) around 12:30?  I saw the steam and heard the locomotive in the cutting just before Totley Tunnel, but couldn't see what it was.  I've checked on UKsteam.inf and Realtime Trains and there's no mention of it.

Cheers,

Wazzie Worrall

Yes, it went past our house at 11-something this morning, but I was too late to the window to identify it.

There was one last Saturday as well, but I couldn't trace that one either.

Empty train from Burton to Carnforth via Stockport and Manchester Victoria.

RTT here

Previous did trip from Burton to  around Stratford upon Avon as Merchant of Avon 

Runs between Dronfield again on  23 September RTT here 

Edited by Annie Bynnol

Hi RiffRaff.

Thanks for that, you're like me, heard but not seen! I didn't know about the one last Saturday because I was out all day. There's one due this coming Saturday morning (14.9.19) from Manchester.  It's called the Yorkshire Man, the times haven't been published yet on UKsteam.inf, however they should be by about Thursday.

Cheers.

Wazzie Worrall

Hi Annie,

Thanks for the information (as Van Morrison once sang!). Looking at Realtime Trains earlier I thought it might be that one. I don't suppose you know what the locomotive was?

Cheers,

Wazzie Worrall