Buses on New Years Day morning

Hi

Does anyone know if the buses were running in Sheffield on the morning of New Year’s Day 2019?

The following services ran with a gradual start from 8am onwards from the  outer terminus for a 8:30-9am arrival into city.

1A High Green to Herdings via City

3 City to Meadowhall

24 Woodhouse to Bradway via City

52A Woodhouse Station to Hillsborough via City

56 Wybourn to Herdings via City

75 Shiregreen to Batemoor via City

81 Stannington to Dore via City

83 City to Ecclesfield

97 City to Totley

135 City to High Green

SL1 Middlewood to Stocksbridge

There was also a half-hourly daytime service provided on Blue (Halfway to Meadowhall via Cathedral)/Yellow and Tram Train services.

Intreged as to why you want the info this late on 

I’ve got a notice of a bus lane violation at 9am on New Years Day. I’m really cross. There was virtually NO traffic at all on the roads and it was a genuine mistake; I assumed (stupidly) that the bus lane wouldn’t be ‘working’ in a bank holiday. 

I’m cross because my actions had absolutely no effect on anyone  at all and I’ve got a notice to pay £30. So whilst the rest of the family were sleeping NYE off, I was taking my daughter and doggy to the seaside for some wholesome fresh air! 

NYD always feels like a Sunday to me, I suppose. 

I was kind kind of hoping there were no buses running so I could make a point to the Council. 

Edited by Bluegirlblue

Bus lanes are operational on bank holidays, so whether the buses were running or not won't be useful as a defence.  It was a weekday, albeit BH, and so the lanes and gates were operational.

43 minutes ago, Bluegirlblue said:

I’ve got a notice of a bus lane violation at 9am on New Years Day. I’m really cross. There was virtually NO traffic at all on the roads and it was a genuine mistake; I assumed (stupidly) that the bus lane wouldn’t be ‘working’ in a bank holiday. 

I’m cross because my actions had absolutely no effect on anyone  at all and I’ve got a notice to pay £30. So whilst the rest of the family were sleeping NYE off, I was taking my daughter and doggy to the seaside for some wholesome fresh air! 

I was kind kind of hoping there were no buses running so I could make a point to the Council. 

Appeal it and worse case scenario take it to court asking the judge to be reasonable.

I could be wrong, but the appeals process for a bus lane fine doesn't go to court at any point, unless you refuse to pay and THEY take YOU to court (and win).

1 hour ago, Bluegirlblue said:

As unfair as the penalty may feel to you, I would pay up and move on. I imagine the signage will cover the issue of the penalty and I'm sure you have better things to do in life than a drawn out dispute.

Even if you were successful, it won't be a momentous law-changing victory, sticking it to the man, it will be just you getting off with a traffic fine.

I received a bus lane violation from Glossop road yesterday after driving through the gate on Boxing day at 4:17pm. Didn’t even realise there are 2 gates so didn’t know i’d breached any rules. Checked that Bank Holidays were still valid. Checked the Traffic Regulation Order. Checked the signs and markings on Google Street View.  Paid online about an hour later. No point in appealing, it’s all valid and will only cost you more in time and money if you don’t.

Now if it was a private parking firm, that’s a different matter entirely.

Have the buses or trams ever NOT run on New Year's day ?