Prince Phils driving exploits.

14 hours ago, jaffa1 said:

Why is everyone assuming  it was the Dukes fault just because of his age?

The young female could have been going at a fair old speed but we will just have to wait for the outcome.

The simple rule for entering  onto a main road from a minor is that the minor stops if a solid white line is on the minor junction, or gives way if there is a broken line or no line at all on the junction, until it is clear to enter onto the main road. Taking that at face value it would appear that Phil may be in a little bother as he was on the minor.

As  a betting fellow my brass would be on Phil walking away without any kind of charge.

Angel1

22 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

It has been reported as saying he was blinded by the light. The defence of automatism  is not available.

Did he pull out and hope for the best?

I just think at 97 is eye sight is questionable so would anybodies at that age hence medicals, retest are vital for his safety and  anyone elses. :roll:

24 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

The simple rule for entering  onto a main road from a minor is that the minor stops if a solid white line is on the minor junction, or gives way if there is a broken line or no line at all on the junction, until it is clear to enter onto the main road. Taking that at face value it would appear that Phil may be in a little bother as he was on the minor.

As  a betting fellow my brass would be on Phil walking away without any kind of charge.

Angel1

No one is above the law.  Epcept the Royal Family that is.:help:

Apparently he has been seen driving today without a seat belt on .

One rule for???????.

4 hours ago, Flanker7 said:

Did he pull out and hope for the best?

I doudt it.

That junction with the A149 is very near Sandringham and I guess he has used it many hundreds of times over the past 60 years.

That stretch is well known for fatal accidents and even someone with the supreme arrrogance of Prince Phillip would think twice about playing chicken with the traffic on that road!

Age is just a number, some elderly people will be perfectly capable of driving safely into old age, whilst others should give it up in their sixties. Trouble is, if Phillip is banned from driving because of his age it won't make much difference to him, he has plenty of flunkies to ferry him about. But for many older drivers, a car is their only means of keeping their independence, and a blanket ban will be devastating for them..  

47 minutes ago, Albert smith said:

Apparently he has been seen driving today without a seat belt on .

One rule for???????.

I am not quite 97, but if I had been involved in a similar accident then I don't think I would be as brave to start driving again the next day.  I see  quite a few drivers who don't put a  seat belt on which means the Duke is not the only rule breaker assuming your information is correct.

19 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Trouble is, if Phillip is banned from driving because of his age it won't make much difference to him,   

He can't be, as there is no upper age limit for driving in the UK.

Flunkys or not, people do like to be independant. I saw a programme about the Queen once where she was ragging a beat up old Land Rover Defender around the estate at Balmoral. (with some skill, I must add! 😮)

And before we have any more commets about Phillip not wearing a seat belt, how do we know that he doesn't have exemption?

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Age is just a number, some elderly people will be perfectly capable of driving safely into old age, whilst others should give it up in their sixties. Trouble is, if Phillip is banned from driving because of his age it won't make much difference to him, he has plenty of flunkies to ferry him about. But for many older drivers, a car is their only means of keeping their independence, and a blanket ban will be devastating for them..  

No one is being agest  a medical and retest  at certain ages would discover who is or is not capable to drive anymore.  Flippin common sense.   Safety first.  Remember the old fellow the other year driving in the wrong direction down a Motorway.  Incidents like this can be avoided. Forget their only means of getting around and a blanket ban,  if  an older driver kills someone the dead person wont be getting around no more. :loopy:

53 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Flunkys or not, people do like to be independant. I saw a programme about the Queen once where she was ragging a beat up old Land Rover Defender around the estate at Balmoral. (with some skill, I must add! 😮)

And before we have any more commets about Phillip not wearing a seat belt, how do we know that he doesn't have exemption?

Edited by PRESLEY

51 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Stop sticking up this lot .  :rant:

It makes me flippin sick how peole stick up for the Royals as tho they cant do nowt wrong, these people arnt bothered about me or anybody their attitude is  we are  like dog dirt under their shoe.  Example Phillip is a human being who nearly killed two women and a baby and it was beneath him to ring them and PERSONALY  say sorry he had a member of staff do it.  Them Royals are just heartless robots.  Princess Anne didnt even give a toss about her old man being in an acciden when asked.  

Edited by PRESLEY

He Phillip is a big headed sod , A few years ago a student told him that she was studying at Sheffield Uni ,his reply was ,thats bad luck For you or some  similar remark.

Edited by Albert smith