Prince Phils driving exploits.

15 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not if you have medical exemption which requires no more than a doctor's letter to the DVLA.

Given that both the Queen and Prince Phillip have private doctors this should be a formality.

Its only give in exceptional circumstance and the rules are quite strict.

5 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Its only give in exceptional circumstance and the rules are quite strict.

There are no rules.

A medical practitioner has to simply decide that there are medical grounds for exemption and does not have to explain them when signing a certificate. I know a couple of people who have asked their GP for an exemption certificate. One said 'yes, it's your choice' and the other said that they would never give seat belt exemption to anyone under any circumstances as she had spent two years as an A&E doctor and had seen to many road crash victims.

It's down to the individual doctor and in the case of a private doctor, you are much more likely to get the answer that you pay for.

Anyway, my point is irrelevant now as I am assuming that as the Plice have spoken to him about it he doesn't have a medical exemption.

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

There are no rules.

Ah.. I must admit to getting stopped when not waring one but was just given a lecture and told to belt up.

22 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Ah.. I must admit to getting stopped when not waring one but was just given a lecture and told to belt up.

This  whole saga is a case of ,  its what  and who you are.   If there was any remorse from this so and so he would have least let the dust settle before jumping behind a wheel.  He just simply knows  nobody dare touch him.  Times havn't changed much since the   Henry V111  days,  the only difference being is.  YOU KEEP YOUR HEAD CONNECTED TO REST OF BODY.   :gag:

Re the latest incident of him driving without a seatbelt....if it was on the Sandringham Estate, private property, would he need to wear a seatbelt according to the law?

(Asking because I genuinely don't know)

1 hour ago, taxman said:

Re the latest incident of him driving without a seatbelt....if it was on the Sandringham Estate, private property, would he need to wear a seatbelt according to the law?

(Asking because I genuinely don't know)

Many private roads and spaces are subject to the Road Traffic Act. All major supermarket car parks, petrol stations and access roads are.

There are many things on the Sandringham estate other than the 'big hoose' which are open to the public so I suspect it is all covered by the RTA.

The only person who knows whether he was wearing a seat belt is the man who pulled him out of the car after the crash.

9 minutes ago, pattricia said:

The only person who knows whether he was wearing a seat belt is the man who pulled him out of the car after the crash.

I suspect that if he wasn't wearing one, given that the car rolled twice, he would have been pulled out of the car with many facial and head cuts and at 97, at least one broken limb.

Apparently he was pulled out without a scratch! 😱

If he wants to go on driving Prince Philip should be given one of those old blue three wheel invalid carriages rather than a Range Rover. He might be a bit more cautious about pulling out in front of people then.

Some entrepreneurial person has gathered up the bits and bobs left at the crash site & stuck them on Ebay saying the money will go to charity.

If you fancy bidding, dig deep.  Currently the bidding is at £65,900!

On 20/01/2019 at 13:16, Albert smith said:

The lass who has been injured has  just said on the BBC news that she is disgusted with the way the Royals have behaved in this , They were the same when Di was  killed complete toss pots.

What have they done then to upset you so?