Prince Phils driving exploits.

3 hours ago, Albert smith said:

Apparently he has been seen driving today without a seat belt on .

One rule for???????.

I don't know about him driving without a seat belt today but apparently the Queen has been driving on a public road.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6608669/amp/The-Queen-92-drives-Range-Rover-without-seatbelt.html

But you can't prosecute the Queen.   Under UK law it is compulsory to wear a seatbelt IF THERE IS ONE FITTED.  Maybe this is how they get round it? 

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

22 minutes ago, Albert smith said:

He Phillip is a big headed sod , A few years ago a student told him that she was studying at Sheffield Uni ,his reply was ,thats bad luck For you or some  similar remark.

Along with his Racist comments in the past.  To disgusting to repeat.  Oh yeh seen on TV by Millions but nothing said yet again.  :roll:

6 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Under UK law it is compulsory to wear a seatbelt IF THERE IS ONE FITTED.  Maybe this is how they get round it? 

Not if you have medical exemption which requires no more than a doctor's letter to the DVLA.

Given that both the Queen and Prince Phillip have private doctors this should be a formality.

4 hours ago, Albert smith said:

Apparently he has been seen driving today without a seat belt on .

One rule for???????.

Princess Diane didn't  wear one and look what happened to her.

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

I don't know about him driving without a seat belt today but apparently the Queen has been driving on a public road.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6608669/amp/The-Queen-92-drives-Range-Rover-without-seatbelt.html

And the dog on the bonnet

Edited by Jim Hardie

12 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I doudt it.

That junction with the A149 is very near Sandringham and I guess he has used it many hundreds of times over the past 60 years.

That stretch is well known for fatal accidents and even someone with the supreme arrrogance of Prince Phillip would think twice about playing chicken with the traffic on that road!

A nasty trait that has also been passed on to the offspring. Charles, Andrew and Anne just as bad. Not noticed it so much in the grand kids, except perhaps Andrew's kids who seem to have a similar sense of entitlement. 

They are really not a good advertisement for this country. (Please, please don't reply with the tourism  nonsense)

I'd also like my contribution to the royals to be refunded please, but we know that's not going to be an option.

Edited by blackydog

Norfolk Police say that they have advised the Grand old Duke that he really should  be wearing a seat belt  on a public road.  Despite reports to the opposite the lady who he nearly killed has stated that he has not been in touch .

Mean while( as an example)  an old bloke on the Arbourthorne is find £60 and three points deducted  for not wearing a ???????. 

Edited by Albert smith

19 hours ago, Albert smith said:

Could you make that 85 please.

There is a problem in setting a chronological age limit for anything - whether that be age of consent, age at which one can drink alcohol, age at which one should retire or age at which one should need to re-take a driving test.  Although people may share the same chronological age, they may be very different in terms of their biological age. 

In consideration of driving a car, if we were to set an age limit beyond which regular testing is required to retain a licence, we'd have to set that limit low to catch those who are starting to deteriorate mentally before it becomes a problem.  I'm afraid there's no definite age for that - but 85 would definitely be too much on the high side.  A lot of people start to deteriorate much before then.  I suspect somewhere in the 70's would be reasonable, hence I suggest 75, however, a GP should have the power to refer people for such a test if he/she is concerned.  I think that would be the most fail-safe way.

27 minutes ago, Albert smith said:

Norfolk Police say that they have advised the Grand old Duke that he really should  be wearing a seat belt  on a public road.  Despite reports to the opposite the lady who he nearly killed has stated that he has not been in touch .

Mean while( as an example)  an old bloke on the Arbourthorne is find £60 and three points deducted  for not wearing a ???????. 

For not wearing a what?  seat belt?  condom?  Blades hat?

15 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

It makes me flippin sick how peole stick up for the Royals as tho they cant do nowt wrong, these people arnt bothered about me or anybody their attitude is  we are  like dog dirt under their shoe.  Example Phillip is a human being who nearly killed two women and a baby and it was beneath him to ring them and PERSONALY  say sorry he had a member of staff do it.  Them Royals are just heartless robots.  Princess Anne didnt even give a toss about her old man being in an acciden when asked.  

Have they done anything wrong in this incident so far? Have you any proof?

No. OK. Moving on...

12 minutes ago, Obelix said:

Have they done anything wrong in this incident so far? Have you any proof?

No. OK. Moving on...

The lass who has been injured has  just said on the BBC news that she is disgusted with the way the Royals have behaved in this , They were the same when Di was  killed complete toss pots.

He should be fined for having no seat belt on. Like anyone else.

16 minutes ago, pattricia said:

He should be fined for having no seat belt on. Like anyone else.

To be fair, pretty much everyone I know who has been stopped for not wearing a seatbelt has been told to 'stop being a **** and put your belt on!'

In fact the only person I know who has ever been done for it is someone who tried to tell the cop that he had taken it off once he'd stopped in case they asked him to get out of the car.