Prince Phils driving exploits.

Im not the sort of person to fail to check the figures - I'm quoting from accidents per driver miles not on total figures.

It's as incumbent to check on older people as younger people. Thats why we require licences...

Accidents are not dependant on driver miles though that why they are termed accidents.

The driving tests are also now much harder with a written test that was not around when I passed my test. At the moment drivers over the age of 70 have to renew their license ever 3 years and declare any medical problems including eyesight so its already ageist.

1 hour ago, Obelix said:

I'm wondering if he binned it on the way to the T junction (there is a sharp bend on the road that joins the main road there.) He rolled over the main road and the other car crashed avoiding him....?

Apparently he pulled out of the junction from a stationary position. The A149 runs almost due North-South on that stretch so the sun may have been in his eyes directly in front of him but it wouldn't have been as he looked to his right to check that the road was clear. The speed limit is 60mph on that road which is more than enough to roll a car that suddenly pulls out on you while still driving at the speed limit. 

Facebook link so it might not work for all.

Snotty response from Princess Anne when asked how the Duke is:

1 hour ago, Obelix said:

Looking at the damage it doesnt seem either car was hit significantly enough to roll over a Discovery. I'm wondering if he binned it on the way to the T junction (there is a sharp bend on the road that joins the main road there.) He rolled over the main road and the other car crashed avoiding him....?

The impression I got from listening to the eyewitness on the Today programme supports that view - the Discovery was out of control before it reached the main road.

Thats what I thought. The road it came from has a sharp bend and if that wasnt seen until very late due to low sun, you could easily roll a Discovery trying to negotiate it - they have a rather high centre of gravity.

If the Kia had hit the Discovery at speed on the rear quarter it could easily have flipped it into the verge as we saw, but the damage to the front of Kia doesnt seem anything like severe enough for that.

Ah. Now the news appears to show a different junction... a little further south. That's confusing, which way was he coming from? Sandringham presumably and not Babingham...

1 minute ago, alchresearch said:

Facebook link so it might not work for all.

Snotty response from Princess Anne when asked how the Duke is:

Yes the Journalist asked  how her dad was , she  sarcasitly replied Im here in the same place as you.  If I had been the Journalist I then wuld have shouted, whats up ant you got a phone.   Anyhow the Council have Pooded there pants by dropping speed limits ect.  New job for the Royals  go and ruin your Rollers and Jags in the Pot holes around the country then the councils will finally fill them in.  :rant: 

There was a news reporter earlier at the scene of the incident and they showed the pieces of debris from the Dukes car on the roadside, bits of wing mirror etc. If I lived nearby I'd be straight there collecting that up and keeping it, It'll be a piece of history that.

Edited by Hots on

31 minutes ago, Halibut said:

The impression I got from listening to the eyewitness on the Today programme supports that view - the Discovery was out of control before it reached the main road.

Must be different witnesses to the ones who saw it pulling out of the junction from a stationary start! 😀

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Must be different witnesses to the ones who saw it pulling out of the junction from a stationary start! 😀

As any detective will tell you, eyewitness evidence is notoriously unreliable...