Prince Phils driving exploits.

Our Queen has told her old fellow that from now on she will take the bus to the Aldi. 

I'm wondering if he had to have the hour-long phone call to his insurers like the rest of us.

3 minutes ago, lectrolove said:

I'm wondering if he had to have the hour-long phone call to his insurers like the rest of us.

Of course not.  He's Admiral of the Fleet so he outranks Admiral Insurance. 

Seriously.  It takes some force to roll a 2.5 ton Range Rover. 

Looking at the damage it doesnt seem either car was hit significantly enough to roll over a Discovery. I'm wondering if he binned it on the way to the T junction (there is a sharp bend on the road that joins the main road there.) He rolled over the main road and the other car crashed avoiding him....?

30 minutes ago, smithy266 said:

Wonder if he was breathalised?

According to the report yesterday both drivers were breathalysed, Norfolk police say they breathalyse all drivers involved in accidents

I bet they won't prosecute him but I suspect he will be persuaded to surrender his licence.

Fair play for him to still be driving at that age but somebody could have been killed yesterday. The dodgy solicitor who got Beckham off his speeding case has just said on the BBC that the CPS will almost certainly decide that it would not be in the public interest to prosecute him.

No one has asked the obvious questions though: should someone of that age (97) be driving on the roads or should it be compulsory for anyone over a certain age group to have a regular tests to confirm they are fit to drive?

If you look at old drivers, like over the age of 75, and young drivers like under the age of 25, who has the most accidents?

The younger ones. About three times more.

Why the absolute insistence on castigating elderly drivers? It's ageism nothing more and you certainly shouldnt be participating in it, from either end of the argument.

Both drivers tested negative when they were breathalysed.  According to a report in a newspaper Prince Philip claimed he had been dazzled by the sun.  The low  winter sun in the sky is a problem for drivers.

Just now, Obelix said:

If you look at old drivers, like over the age of 75, and young drivers like under the age of 25, who has the most accidents?

The younger ones. About three times more.

Why the absolute insistence on castigating elderly drivers? It's ageism nothing more and you certainly shouldnt be participating in it, from either end of the argument.

That may be down to the fact that there are much less elderly drivers. BTW it is not ageism but common sense to check that someone over a certain age is capable of being a safe driver. I was recently asked by my neurologist if I drive as my condition has effected some of my motor functions and I'm only 67. That was only found by chance from a MRI scan for something unrelated.