Toilet roll man - why no statement

21 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Pretty much sums it up from what I've read. The Nigerian businessman part though, from an owls perspective it was hilarious when it came out on TV. 

If you go up this season it seems McCabe could of done it without the prince, I'll never understand why he needed him in the first place

He was hoodwinked mate, that's what I think.

I think, as always, McCabe's intentions are decent and honourable.  That bloke, I think, genuinely wants the best for this club.  But...make no mistake...he also wants OUT of it and has done for years.

So he's been looking for "suitors" for some while - but not any old "suitor" - he's been looking for a "suitor" with loads of dosh who can not just buy him out, but take the club onto a different level.  In the Prince, McCabe thought he'd struck gold.  It may have looked like gold, it may have sparkled, but it wasn't gold.  The Royal connection, I think, is tenuous.  I've spent a lot of time in the Middle East on business and there are hundreds of "Prince's" out there.  It's almost like a title that is given to folks, it means very little - it certainly doesn't mean you are one of the Royal family like here - or mean that you are very rich.  I could have told McCabe that years ago.  I'm not doubting that our "Prince" is connected in some way, or that he doesn't have money - but this wasn't the financial saviour McCabe thought it was.

The reason why McCabe needed him in the first place was because he wanted to reduce the amount of his own money that he was pumping in to the club to keep it afloat.  That bill was about £8M a year if I recall correctly.  So, offering to carve up the club 50/50 on paper, and reducing his outlay by 50%, seems reasonable to me - especially when the longer term plan is to pass it over 100% to the other party and extricate oneself from it entirely.  

However, it seems to me like there's the club running costs - and then there's "other business" which is further investment in the club and/or the playing staff, which wasn't agreed between them at the time.  The stories we hear is that McCabe has wanted to put more money in to help push on for promotion, but this isn't matched by the Prince.  However, I don't know if that's the case for certain - it could even be the other way round.  It's really not so clear.

The only thing that's clear is it can't carry on like this for much longer.  One or the other needs to put up or shut up essentially.  

I think it would be best for all if a completely new owner took over - and I suspect that's what will happen in due course - but the club may need to pass back to one or other of the present incumbents for that to happen first.

From talking to a couple of people who are in-the-know, and usually pretty accurate with information, Kevin McCabe has two potential suitors, both with tons of cash, and it is not too hard to work out who they are.

If McCabe wins the courtroom drama,  a sale could go through pretty quickly, and would give Chris Wilder a war chest that most clubs in our league would be envious of. 

1 minute ago, Grappler said:

From talking to a couple of people who are in-the-know, and usually pretty accurate with information, Kevin McCabe has two potential suitors, both with tons of cash, and it is not too hard to work out who they are.

If McCabe wins the courtroom drama,  a sale could go through pretty quickly, and would give Chris Wilder a war chest that most clubs in our league would be envious of. 

I don't believe any story until it has happened.  Everyone keeps threir cards close to their chests and always will do