Nicholes Building Shalesmoor.

I hear that The Nicholes Building Shalesmoor has closed and it’s to be converted into

flats can any one shed a light on what’s happened to the stall holders

who were in there and where are they now. Thanks

Edited by MEC176

Hi. Some have given up trading, Gary has a store at Chapeltown and I am trading from the Vintage Collective, Dodworth. 

Thank you, which Gary there were two.

Gary Beer has the place in Chapeltown, The other Gary, Gary Salvage /Longdon moved out about 12 months ago. 

Edited by scargill

Thanks scarill, it's Gary Beer that I'm looking for the other

Gary told me his name was Gary Longden well that was the

name on his buisness card.

Gary Beer has just opened a store on the main road through Chapeltown towards Hesley / Hoyland, it is on the right as you head away from Sheffield. 

One of the traders, who used to be downstairs selling retro stuff, is now called The Indie Arcade and is just up the road on Scotland Street.

5 hours ago, The Giraffe said:

One of the traders, who used to be downstairs selling retro stuff, is now called The Indie Arcade and is just up the road on Scotland Street.

Thanks for that, it's  interesting to know. Might pay a visit.

Called into garys place in chapeltown last weekend. He`s got loads of vinyl.

There's going to be way too many flats in that area soon .. Hope they are for family's and not more student flats 

9 hours ago, S6 D.I.Y said:

There's going to be way too many flats in that area soon .. Hope they are for family's and not more student flats 

There are never too many flats for people to live in. 

The building of more flats aimed at students, individuals and couples in Shalesmoor etc. will release more suitable accommodation for families elsewhere in the City.

The economy of the area has changed dramatically since the nineties, attracting new businesses, services, renovation and new builds but Shalesmoor is not an area to bring up a family as the facilities for them are not there.

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

There are never too many flats for people to live in. 

The building of more flats aimed at students, individuals and couples in Shalesmoor etc. will release more suitable accommodation for families elsewhere in the City.

The economy of the area has changed dramatically since the nineties, attracting new businesses, services, renovation and new builds but Shalesmoor is not an area to bring up a family as the facilities for them are not there.

Absolutely - we have a massive housing shortage - keep em coming.