Jump to content

Tuna Mans statement ...why the lack of interest?

Recommended Posts

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 13:04, iansheff said:

Total joke, there is talk of Leeds going for a £20m player, Forest and Stoke spent a fortune in the summer, Villa who were supposed to be on the fringe of breaking the rules have been linked with Reach who should be worth at least £15 - 20m, the  way transfer fees are spiraling upwards.  Look at Derby they spent a lot of money and don't tell me Cole will be playing for mates rates if he signs for them . At the end of the day only 3 teams can go up yet I have just named 5 that have spent big  and you can't guarantee that any of those will be promoted.

If a team gets to the Premier League then they straight away spend big, look at Huddersfield when they went up, the PL will cocoon them with payments when they get relegated giving the relegated teams  an advantage over the teams in the Championship because they have that money.

There is no way Leeds are going for a £20m player.  Utter nonsense.  How about sticking to facts instead of media speculation when talking about clubs that spend a lot of money.

 

Leeds have spent a grand total of net zero in this window and the last window combined.  OK, we paid £7m for Bamford, but that was offset by selling Viera for the same to Italy.  Similarly the £3.5m spent on Barry Douglas was raised by selling or cancelling the contracts of close to 20 players in the summer.

 

Our only signing this window has been the Real Madrid keeper on a free.

 

Leeds are one of the few clubs run on a sound basis in the Championship.  We've learned our lessons.   I see Sheff Wed are selling five year season tickets, effectively mortgaging future revenues.  A terrible idea.  It was that which sent us under and forced us into 25 point deductions.


Sheff Wed look alarming today like Leeds did back then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant understand Why The owner cant seem to balance financial books at the club , Chansiri been at the club long enough to know you have to buy and sell players in football and to also Stable the club . 

Im not a business man but Hes not daft is he ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bendix said:

There is no way Leeds are going for a £20m player.  Utter nonsense.  How about sticking to facts instead of media speculation when talking about clubs that spend a lot of money.

 

Leeds have spent a grand total of net zero in this window and the last window combined.  OK, we paid £7m for Bamford, but that was offset by selling Viera for the same to Italy.  Similarly the £3.5m spent on Barry Douglas was raised by selling or cancelling the contracts of close to 20 players in the summer.

 

Our only signing this window has been the Real Madrid keeper on a free.

 

Leeds are one of the few clubs run on a sound basis in the Championship.  We've learned our lessons.   I see Sheff Wed are selling five year season tickets, effectively mortgaging future revenues.  A terrible idea.  It was that which sent us under and forced us into 25 point deductions.


Sheff Wed look alarming today like Leeds did back then. 

Thanks for your run down on how Leeds have conducted their transfer business .I guess you are right if you listen to the media Leeds seem to be buying  every player that becomes available.Thats ok as long as they are balancing the books with sales of their own which do not get the same coverage as incomimgs.As you say cancelling around 20 contracts of players is a huge saving and makes room for a few incomings.Leeds as other clubs have done went through a desperate time for a couple of years because they to tried to buy promotion which they failed to do and up till recently have been paying the price  for failure.Having experienced the pit falls of buying when the money is not there it would be interesting if you agree with these regulations that are in place to stop clubs over stretching them selves .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2019 at 22:46, abbeyedges said:

'The rules are totally ridiculous' because Sheffield Wednesday are totally under performing in relation to the money spent and the high expectations of their supporters.

 

No Wednesday fan would show any concern for the 'rules being ridiculous' if they were in the same position as the Blades.

 

Every club knew the rules at the start but one thing Mr Chansiri has learnt is arrogance and Sheffield Wednesday go hand in hand. 

Remember the arrogance in 2011 - the derby you could afford to lose apparently. 

 

Can add obsession to that too as apparently Wednesday fans  only think FFP is unfair because the blades are 3rd.

 

Strange bunch 

Edited by redbig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, redbig said:

Remember the arrogance in 2011 - the derby you could afford to lose apparently. 

 

Can add obsession to that too as apparently Wednesday fans  only think FFP is unfair because the blades are 3rd.

 

Strange bunch 

Must have jumped a place or neet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if a man wishs to spend his cash on players ,whats the problem? man city, man utd have spent billions ,if your owner has the cash ,not borrowed whats wrong with that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bassett one said:

if a man wishs to spend his cash on players ,whats the problem? man city, man utd have spent billions ,if your owner has the cash ,not borrowed whats wrong with that?

Exactly the EFL has done a one size fits all policy thats ridiculous while ever ther are dishing our parachute payments. Chairman could be asked to put up a bond should they decide to take flight to cover any issues in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Exactly the EFL has done a one size fits all policy thats ridiculous while ever ther are dishing our parachute payments. Chairman could be asked to put up a bond should they decide to take flight to cover any issues in the future.

Not a bad idea but how much would you set the bond at?

There are Championship clubs posting loses of over £30mil a season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, atticus said:

Not a bad idea but how much would you set the bond at?

There are Championship clubs posting loses of over £30mil a season

It could be assessed on each club not just a catch all for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, atticus said:

Not a bad idea but how much would you set the bond at?

There are Championship clubs posting loses of over £30mil a season

That doesn't matter mate make it 100million it is so easy spending other peoples money when you have none of your own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, bassett one said:

if a man wishs to spend his cash on players ,whats the problem? man city, man utd have spent billions ,if your owner has the cash ,not borrowed whats wrong with that?

Are you sure he wants to spend more money?The difference between the Manchester clubs and the Owls is about 30000 every home match plus all the T V money and all the tat they sell besides.At the end of the year they a;lso have a very healthy bank balance to .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.