Tuna Mans statement ...why the lack of interest?

The Owls chairman made a statement last night, yet it seems no one wishes to address the topic here!     It seems  the financial woes in S6 . are serious and if not brought in to line by March, sanctions shall be forced upon the club!

What do the Owls expect?  flash sales??   higher gate prices or even rattling tins on Fargate?(again)

Its not a time to bury your heads in the sand Owls!!   speak up...  your chairman said  there is a danger of relegation, no chance of promotion either!  do you honestly expect Bruce to come or even stay with no cash to work with????

Edited by POUNDSWORTH

This sounds rather strange if as you say the clubs financial position is as bad as you say.I have not heard anything about it mind you I do not read much of what is going on at Sheff 6.Lets wait and see what develops.

Its an interesting ,but worrying for any Owl , the official post is on the Owls website, i just cant see Bruce wanting to work on no budget.

stupidity bringing a "big" name like bruce in, shouldve kept bully doing what he does best. Stupidity buying Rhodes, said it was a massive gamble and it was a massive failure. Stupidity bring Jos in, look where that got us, more and more diminishing returns, bet he was less than Carlos mind but still

2 hours ago, POUNDSWORTH said:

The Owls chairman made a statement last night, yet it seems no one wishes to address the topic here!     It seems  the financial woes in S6 . are serious and if not brought in to line by March, sanctions shall be forced upon the club!

What do the Owls expect?  flash sales??   higher gate prices or even rattling tins on Fargate?(again)

Its not a time to bury your heads in the sand Owls!!   speak up...  your chairman said  there is a danger of relegation, no chance of promotion either!  do you honestly expect Bruce to come or even stay with no cash to work with????

Bury their head-on the sand ,leave that to the Arabs eh!!!!

Nothing we already knew. This statement is about 6 months too late. I can't see Bruce not knowing what constraints he'd be working under before he signed. We won't go up so we'll see, if there is interest in reach at the 10 million I'd consider letting him go but I don't expect any major sales

THIS NEW 1867 ISSUE at £1,500 or £2,100 hows it work? why not something a fan would buy like privalaged fa cup tickets ect if we went up at say £200 per guarantee ,its hard to find a grand plus in these sorry times

begs the question, why not have kept Bullen, and saved the expence of Bruce and his staff.          

Just now, POUNDSWORTH said:

begs the question, why not have kept Bullen, and saved the expence of Bruce and his staff.          

I think he must see Bruce as a top manager who is paid to manage whatever the situation he inherits. Can't see him being paid £2m a year as speculated but it must be enough to compensate for not having money to spend for the time being.

The Star headline:

Sheffield Wednesday fan column: The Club 1876 scheme is a hard sell for Owls owner Dejphon Chansiri

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

I think he must see Bruce as a top manager who is paid to manage whatever the situation he inherits. Can't see him being paid £2m a year as speculated but it must be enough to compensate for not having money to spend for the time being.

Yes Jim but what is and how long is the time being ?

Is Bruce being asked to start in february to give tuna man time to sort the finances out, cant be easy adding another £2m a year on the wage bill with all this going on!. Surely Bruce would want to be around during the  transfer window to  strengthen the team and be in charge of deals etc

Edited by pintor