Tuna Mans statement ...why the lack of interest?

On January 20, 2019 at 17:27, bassett one said:

we could if its legal,that way it would help these stupid FA rules on spending,cannot see why not?

I really cannot understand this point of view. The majority of clubs in the Championship (including two in South Yorkshire) are abiding by the rules and yet Wednesday's owner has shown total disregard and respect for these rules and adopted a maverick approach to gaining an advantage over the opposition. 

In in addition there are the Chansiri followers who feel his way is right and all the rules should be altered.

2 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

I really cannot understand this point of view. The majority of clubs in the Championship (including two in South Yorkshire) are abiding by the rules and yet Wednesday's owner has shown total disregard and respect for these rules and adopted a maverick approach to gaining an advantage over the opposition. 

In in addition there are the Chansiri followers who feel his way is right and all the rules should be altered.

The "rules" are totally ridiculous, we have an owner willing to spend his own money, we are not in any debt whatsoever yet the league throws money at clubs who have failed in the Prem and got relegated. Chris Wilder bemoans the fact that he hasn't got money to spend in virtually every interview he does and was hinting at quitting last season because of lack of backing, he clearly doesn't share your view. If a chairman can put a bond up to ensure the clubs future is safe they should be able to spend what they want. No other industry would allow this to happen.

1 minute ago, Brooker11 said:

The "rules" are totally ridiculous, we have an owner willing to spend his own money, we are not in any debt whatsoever yet the league throws money at clubs who have failed in the Prem and got relegated. Chris Wilder bemoans the fact that he hasn't got money to spend in virtually every interview he does and was hinting at quitting last season because of lack of backing, he clearly doesn't share your view. If a chairman can put a bond up to ensure the clubs future is safe they should be able to spend what they want. No other industry would allow this to happen.

'The rules are totally ridiculous' because Sheffield Wednesday are totally under performing in relation to the money spent and the high expectations of their supporters.

No Wednesday fan would show any concern for the 'rules being ridiculous' if they were in the same position as the Blades.

Every club knew the rules at the start but one thing Mr Chansiri has learnt is arrogance and Sheffield Wednesday go hand in hand. 

10 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

'The rules are totally ridiculous' because Sheffield Wednesday are totally under performing in relation to the money spent and the high expectations of their supporters.

No Wednesday fan would show any concern for the 'rules being ridiculous' if they were in the same position as the Blades.

Every club knew the rules at the start but one thing Mr Chansiri has learnt is arrogance and Sheffield Wednesday go hand in hand. 

Quite a bitter post, I won't bother arguing as you appear to have made your mind up.

Can you name any other business where an owner is prevented from spending his own money though?

2 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Can you name any other business where an owner is prevented from spending his own money though?

The FFP rules are designed to protect clubs in the long term.  

No one has an endless pit of money, how has spending millions worked out so far?

If you take the risk and it pays off no one moans,  if it doesn't you just have to take the consequences. 

15 minutes ago, the fonz said:

The FFP rules are designed to protect clubs in the long term.  

No one has an endless pit of money, how has spending millions worked out so far?

If you take the risk and it pays off no one moans,  if it doesn't you just have to take the consequences. 

A  good idea but a poor inception, why can a Championship club only spend £13m a season when a relegated one is allowed to spend £39m this artificially inflates players value and makes the situation for the clubs who can only spend £13m. Its a very flawed system and I believe it will be legally challenged once more clubs become affected. A few on here are just using as a stick to beat a rival.

Again name me another business that restricts an owner spending his own money.

Total joke, there is talk of Leeds going for a £20m player, Forest and Stoke spent a fortune in the summer, Villa who were supposed to be on the fringe of breaking the rules have been linked with Reach who should be worth at least £15 - 20m, the  way transfer fees are spiraling upwards.  Look at Derby they spent a lot of money and don't tell me Cole will be playing for mates rates if he signs for them . At the end of the day only 3 teams can go up yet I have just named 5 that have spent big  and you can't guarantee that any of those will be promoted.

If a team gets to the Premier League then they straight away spend big, look at Huddersfield when they went up, the PL will cocoon them with payments when they get relegated giving the relegated teams  an advantage over the teams in the Championship because they have that money.

12 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Total joke, there is talk of Leeds going for a £20m player, Forest and Stoke spent a fortune in the summer, Villa who were supposed to be on the fringe of breaking the rules have been linked with Reach who should be worth at least £15 - 20m, the  way transfer fees are spiraling upwards.  Look at Derby they spent a lot of money and don't tell me Cole will be playing for mates rates if he signs for them . At the end of the day only 3 teams can go up yet I have just named 5 that have spent big  and you can't guarantee that any of those will be promoted.

If a team gets to the Premier League then they straight away spend big, look at Huddersfield when they went up, the PL will cocoon them with payments when they get relegated giving the relegated teams  an advantage over the teams in the Championship because they have that money.

The Clubs who spend big but miss out will feel the effects probably the season after when there failure to get to the promised land hits home.They will be left paying Prem league wages on Championship earnings just like Villa did and luckily the new owners came in paid up all that was owing and started with a clean slate.This is why the Prem pays relegated clubs payments to cover the premier leagues wages to footballers who find them selves in the Championship after relegation.Now we all know that this money goes on other things rather than what it was designed for having said that nearly all the clubs who get relegated end up struggling on and off the field.Stoke ,Hull,Villa,Bolton,Swansea.They have all over stretched them selves and sailed so close to the rocks.There is such a big gap in financial terms thanks to big tele money between the Premier league and Championship that clubs getting relegated with super wage bills are going to find it hard with hardly any tele cash coming in.Having to pay up sacked managers and super star footballers contracts who desert the sinking ships hits the clubs hard.

1 hour ago, petcharlie said:

The Clubs who spend big but miss out will feel the effects probably the season after when there failure to get to the promised land hits home.They will be left paying Prem league wages on Championship earnings just like Villa did and luckily the new owners came in paid up all that was owing and started with a clean slate.This is why the Prem pays relegated clubs payments to cover the premier leagues wages to footballers who find them selves in the Championship after relegation.Now we all know that this money goes on other things rather than what it was designed for having said that nearly all the clubs who get relegated end up struggling on and off the field.Stoke ,Hull,Villa,Bolton,Swansea.They have all over stretched them selves and sailed so close to the rocks.There is such a big gap in financial terms thanks to big tele money between the Premier league and Championship that clubs getting relegated with super wage bills are going to find it hard with hardly any tele cash coming in.Having to pay up sacked managers and super star footballers contracts who desert the sinking ships hits the clubs hard.

This is very true, in the real world players should have a relegation clause that their wages drop once they are playing at a lower level, the Premier League money really is killing the game.

10 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

This is very true, in the real world players should have a relegation clause that their wages drop once they are playing at a lower level, the Premier League money really is killing the game.

That would be OK but the clubs who have just gone up or the clubs who might be favourite  to get relegated would struggle to get prem quality players in case they have to live on just 100,000 a week if they get relegated poor souls.One day (AND IT WILL COME)clubs will have to live in the real world.Unfortunately it will be the also rans that will be hit the hardest not the mega rich ones and that is why in my opinion some restraint is needed to stop these clubs overstretching them selves.Greed is to blame be it the players or clubs or the football authorities and it is all fueled by SKY, B.T.  and VIRGIN.I am not a Prem lover never have been and I never will be I am more than happy being in the Championship .Much rather watch the guys at the Lane giving it all playing against players who also give 100% in the championship than watching Pretty  boys cheating and diving hoping to get others sent off because he had his hair ruffled .You watch the relegated teams from the prem and how they dive about in the championship after they have been in the prem Grelish of villa been the best example but there are plenty more besides him and they think he is wonderful!no thanks I will stop where we are.

1 hour ago, petcharlie said:

That would be OK but the clubs who have just gone up or the clubs who might be favourite  to get relegated would struggle to get prem quality players in case they have to live on just 100,000 a week if they get relegated poor souls.One day (AND IT WILL COME)clubs will have to live in the real world.Unfortunately it will be the also rans that will be hit the hardest not the mega rich ones and that is why in my opinion some restraint is needed to stop these clubs overstretching them selves.Greed is to blame be it the players or clubs or the football authorities and it is all fueled by SKY, B.T.  and VIRGIN.I am not a Prem lover never have been and I never will be I am more than happy being in the Championship .Much rather watch the guys at the Lane giving it all playing against players who also give 100% in the championship than watching Pretty  boys cheating and diving hoping to get others sent off because he had his hair ruffled .You watch the relegated teams from the prem and how they dive about in the championship after they have been in the Prem, Grelish of villa been the best example but there are plenty more besides him and they think he is wonderful!no thanks I will stop where we are.

This person knows what he is talking about and I endorse it, even though I am a Owl.

Edited by dacrlit

5 hours ago, dacrlit said:

This person knows what he is talking about and I endorse it, even though I am a Owl.

Yes can't disagree with any of this, the inception of the Premier League in '92 is slowly but surely killing the best game on the planet for English fans.