Tuna Mans statement ...why the lack of interest?

19 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

I don't take what fans say as a yardstick, always comes with bitterness. His parents both died within a short space of time whilst he was at Villa many commentators have said it affected him badly, they've not pulled any trees up since he left so perhaps there are other issues at the club. Hull got promoted so the decision to play his son didn't affect them. Four promotions don't lie but not every manager fits every job and vice versa. If we'd appointed Steve McLaren you'd be giving us endless stick with quotes from previous clubs fans yet he's doing a great job at QPR and has spent nothing. As I said only time will tell.

If you want a little professional insight listen to the interview that Matty Fryatt (ex Hull striker) gave to Football Heaven (available on Iplayer) with regards to Bruce, a more balanced view than rabid Villa fans.

Listen mate I am not all that bothered who as the job at Sheff 6 and I am not trying to have a go I am just saying it as I see it.Bruce has got four Promotions to his name after spending millions now I just wonder where your millions are coming from for him to make it five promotions without real financial pain.

19 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

Listen mate I am not all that bothered who as the job at Sheff 6 and I am not trying to have a go I am just saying it as I see it.Bruce has got four Promotions to his name after spending millions now I just wonder where your millions are coming from for him to make it five promotions without real financial pain.

Has he failed at club's where he hasn't spent millions thougg? Not bothered looking back but if he's offered the funds to spend then I'm sure most managers would take it. 

43 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Has he failed at club's where he hasn't spent millions thougg? Not bothered looking back but if he's offered the funds to spend then I'm sure most managers would take it. 

Well I am sure he will

16 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

Hmm! not sure about that tbh.  Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's a bloke anywhere in the country who has the club more at heart than Bully.  I've never met the bloke but he sounds a very decent chap and he's got my respect, even though I'm a Blade.  I hope things work out for the lad whatever happens.  

The thing about management though is you need to have contacts...networks...an ability to be able to call on a few folks higher up the food chain to get favours...a wide vision on things, both at home and abroad. 

With the best will in the world, I don't think Bully has that.  Tbh, I question whether Wilder has some of that too, especially the "international" bit.  I think that's currently a limitation for him if we want to not just get to the Prem but stay there.  

I think Brucey has that in spades.  I think he'll be very good for you tbh - but I also think it will take time.  Definitely not this season.  Maybe not next season.  But the season after maybe - if you give him that long?

Thanks for the reply Derby. 

I think I need to take care when composing my posts. I'm a Blade. 

18 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

Thanks for the reply Derby. 

I think I need to take care when composing my posts. I'm a Blade. 

Indeed you do Sir!  I thought you were from the dark side!  I was just trying to give you some bad advice!😏

we can sell the ground cant we? and then rent it back ,until we go up,that would bring in millions.

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

we can sell the ground cant we? and then rent it back ,until we go up,that would bring in millions.

You are joking, right?

we could if its legal,that way it would help these stupid FA rules on spending,cannot see why not?

4 hours ago, bassett one said:

we could if its legal,that way it would help these stupid FA rules on spending,cannot see why not?

The ground will be listed as an asset in the accounts, if it was sold the asset would go, we could only sell it for whats its worth at market value and we'd then have to rent back, its not a viable option i'm afraid.

19 hours ago, bassett one said:

I am not so sure they are stupid .Some clubs want saving from them selves spending money that just is not there.I do really think that. Surely you being a supporter of a club that went so close to being history can see that. Do you really not mind putting the club in jeopardy paying money out that they do not have not to mention all the other business that they could take down with them after such a close call they had not to long ago.Any one can make a mistake once but to make the same mistake again is just idiotic . Have you not learned nothing.

6 hours ago, petcharlie said:

I am not so sure they are stupid .Some clubs want saving from them selves spending money that just is not there.I do really think that. Surely you being a supporter of a club that went so close to being history can see that. Do you really not mind putting the club in jeopardy paying money out that they do not have not to mention all the other business that they could take down with them after such a close call they had not to long ago.Any one can make a mistake once but to make the same mistake again is just idiotic . Have you not learned nothing.

Your getting confused, we have the money but cant spend it, totally different!

7 hours ago, petcharlie said:

Poor old Worksop Town once had to go to court to for the sake of a few quid owed to them by a rich neighbour, it stinks when so called big clubs don't pay their debts.