The Crow, Scotland Street

Looking forward to this place opening. Not quite sure of the time schedule but I`m certain it`ll be decent.

What and where is it? 

It is currently the closed 'Sleep Inn' budget hotel on Scotland Street (just up the hill from Shakespeares on the 31 bus route).

It will be reopening as the Crow at a date yet to be announced, a lot of work is taking place. Upstairs they are upgrading the guest rooms whilst on the ground floor it is being converted back into a pub rather than just simply a hotel reception.

The Crow will be run by the same people as the Rutland Arms on Brown Street so a varied beer range is highly likely and it will probably be a worthy extension to the Kelham Island circuit!

Edited by Andy C

Yeah, it`s a pub / hotel on Scotland Street that has been taken over by Kate and Chris off of the Rutland! 😍

Guest makapaka

What was this place called originally - The Crown?

9 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Yes. Went in once just before it shut. Had a nice render of Beer Street on the ceiling.

Guest makapaka

Sounds good then - love a pub being resurrected- looking forward to it!

On 17/01/2019 at 10:47, Andy C said:

It is currently the closed 'Sleep Inn' budget hotel on Scotland Street (just up the hill from Shakespeares on the 31 bus route).

It will be reopening as the Crow at a date yet to be announced, a lot of work is taking place. Upstairs they are upgrading the guest rooms whilst on the ground floor it is being converted back into a pub rather than just simply a hotel reception.

The Crow will be run by the same people as the Rutland Arms on Brown Street so a varied beer range is highly likely and it will probably be a worthy extension to the Kelham Island circuit!

Will it attract a scruffy, hippy, new age, crowd like the Rutland?

On 17/01/2019 at 12:36, makapaka said:

It's a long time since it was the Crown. It's last incarnation was R & B's Uptown Bar and that was quite a while ago. R & B were, and I hope still are, Ruth and Barry Roper-Tye.

I didn't know Barry but Ruth was a bit of a character and had a racehorse at one time.

It'll be great to have this back as a pub.

I wonder if the Queen's Head up the street will ever reopen? Probably not I guess. Thread here:

19 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

Will it attract a scruffy, hippy, new age, crowd like the Rutland?

Scruffy, hippy, new age.  The people in the Rutland just look like a varied group of people to me when I go in.

I'm definitely not scruffy, hippy or new age myself.

14 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Scruffy, hippy, new age.  The people in the Rutland just look like a varied group of people to me when I go in.

I'm definitely not scruffy, hippy or new age myself.

That's your opinion, and that's fine.  I gave my opinion based on my recent visit.  And I think that's fine also.  Or do you want to tell me my opinion is wrong, based on your opinion?

I'm sure like many pubs, the clientele varies from time to time - but some of these places which attract real ale drinkers and vegans and such like do have a rather scruffy crowd imo.  It doesn't bother me, I just go in for the beer.