The Crow, Scotland Street

Opens at high noon on 6th June 🙂

I'm going in tomorrow evening.

Went to the trade preview last night, it's really good. Obviously everything is really fresh at the moment, but it's a nice space, lighting is a good level, comfy seating... and the beer selection is as good as you might expect (as is the rum and whisky). Had a quick tour, the rooms look nice too.

Back tomorrow and again Saturday after brewing.

Not getting out much at the mo so not been yet. The beer list on keg looked very solid to me. How many cask are there out of interest? Nice to see rum too rather than gin standards.

I really shouldn't on a school night... but gonna head down there after work today,  probably via Kommune for some food and prinks, and with an ill-advised finish in Shakespeares that already makes me realise Im not going to work tomorrow..

Im thinking it sounds like a good crawl. And mostly downhill too!

1 hour ago, jemson said:

Not getting out much at the mo so not been yet. The beer list on keg looked very solid to me. How many cask are there out of interest? Nice to see rum too rather than gin standards.

5 cask - Abbeydale Daily Bread and Heathen, not sure if these are permanent? Then 3 guests. (the cellar is relatively small so not really room to have more casks)

Good selection of 10 rums, and there's a few ports and things there too

Edited by SteelCityAle

What's the dark beer selection like, bottles and cans are fine, doesn't have to be on draught.

Think they have one or twom imperial stouts on. Dave?

Cask - Ridgeside Milky Joe Coffee Stout

Keg - a Garage strong porter and a bonkers 12% Prairie Artisanal Oreo Imperial Stout, plus a dark sour from, erm, me.

bottle/can - not properly perused but there's at least a Lervig coffee stout and a CR/AK hazelnut imperial stout

Looking forward to popping in tomorrow afternoon for a couple.

Sounds great, we're meeting at somewhere new (to us) by the quays tonight (due to proximity), but hopefully will make it up to Crow by about 2030, maybe via Shakeys.  I'll definitely give both of the imperials a try, and if we stay long enough then the milky Joe as well.