Berkeley precinct parking?

6 hours ago, Katie Event said:

Some of the advice here is wrong.

You need to get a ticket from the machine every time - however a ticket for one hour is free. It used to be two hours with no ticket.

It's one of those machines where you enter your reg number.

You cannot return on the same day as I have been told that they will claim that, for example, if you were there at  10am when you went to Costa, and 5pm when you picked up some milk at Tesco, that you were there for 7 hours in total.

It says you cannot return within 5 hours of leaving.

From reading it, I do not believe it says you must get a ticket if staying for under 1 hour. Although I accept it lets you print one for 1 hour, so you might as well.

It used to be free. It changed about a month ago. Now only the first hour is free. 

And if anyone from the owner is reading, how hard is it to put a decent sign up.  Have the letters are missing.  

This is interesting because I parked there earlier this year - maybe the end of February - and I didn't see anything telling me I had to obtain a ticket, I didn't get issued with a ticket/invoice, didn't see a ticket machine, and I would easily have been parked outside Tesco for over an hour and would've walked around all 3 sides of the car park on my usual charity shop route!  

This is the reason I now walk to Eccy Road ect.  And only park at places like the gym where the system is free and crystal clear.   The cowboy parking companies and the retailers in their catchment lose my custom at the end of the day.   And they wonder why the High Street is dying and online shopping thrives!

On 29/01/2019 at 18:41, Eater Sundae said:

It says you cannot return within 5 hours of leaving.

From reading it, I do not believe it says you must get a ticket if staying for under 1 hour. Although I accept it lets you print one for 1 hour, so you might as well.

If their Ts&Cs say you can return after 5 hours but their technology can't (or more likely they don't want it to) differentiate between a car that's parked for 7 hours rather than one that has  legitimately been twice in the same day, then surely the burden of proof still lies with them to prove a driver has breached Ts&Cs?

As the OPs question was answered months ago Im going to close this.

We have a current thread discussing PCNs here...

Thank you.