Berkeley precinct parking?

Hi can anyone tell me if it's free parking here as I am going for interview and need to park for a few hours  

It's free, but for max 2 hours. I don't know whether there's a restriction on the driver leaving the site.

Dont leave and go back on the same day. They dont like that and you'll get an 'invoice' from them

I read it a few weeks ago.  As I understand it and as best as I can remember...  

The first hour is free, and to stay up to one hour you do not need to print out a ticket- just park and make sure you return within the hour. (However, you can print out a free ticket if you wish, which will show 1 hour).

However, if you intend to stay longer than one hour, (ie up to 2 hours only), then it is necessary to pay and print out a ticket when you first arrive (You have something like 10 or 15 minutes from arrival in which to buy your ticket). You must not just park for the first hour and then buy your ticket just before the hour is up.

You must not return within, I think, 4 hours

Go to a hairdresser near there some clients of which have had problems being dropped off and then picked up an hour or so later.   Camera apparently records this as having spent time there without paying.

Hi, Make sure that you park within the white lines or you will get another "invoice" from the zealous parking attendant.

My friend got a demand for money through the post last week for parking there.  She thought it was free.  Pity because we both used to spend in the surrounding shops but will now shop elsewhere in future. 

The signs tell you to retain your printed parking ticket for (if I remember correctly) 90 days. I guess it’s so that you can defend yourself if they say you contravened their rules.

Or to view it from the other angle...

If you haven’t retained it they can say you didn’t follow the rules, so you must pay.

Some of the advice here is wrong.

You need to get a ticket from the machine every time - however a ticket for one hour is free. It used to be two hours with no ticket.

It's one of those machines where you enter your reg number.

You cannot return on the same day as I have been told that they will claim that, for example, if you were there at  10am when you went to Costa, and 5pm when you picked up some milk at Tesco, that you were there for 7 hours in total.