sheffield streets worst crime

so the Sheffield star have just published a list of worst streets for crime which includes mine I may add , isn't it interesting when you dig a little deeper what they mean , they list 15 in the month of November , but on the police website it breaks down to 

1 anti social behaviour

purgery/forgery

13 shoplifting offences , , I will be ringing the Sheffield star today and tell them just what I think as I don't think we have any shops on here which have been shoplifted from , , more importantly we have our house for sale and wondered what our estate agent would think of their reported / poor researched breakdown of figures , ( you don't get a breakdown on the star on line ) but please spare a thought for all the other roads and people who live in them that show their roads in a bad light which will damage anyone considering moving their because of schools etc , this is an outrage and I will contact my local mp and ring radio Sheffield this morning 

What Street are you most concerned about Craig , people can then get an idea if the report is fair or not.

The worst street I know of has murders, train crashes armed robberies,   explosions. Its had the lot.  Coronation Street.  :hihi:

It must mean 13 shoplifters live on the street, not 13 offences committed on the street. Anti-social behaviour is usually done in their own backyard and the perjury/forgery is hardly going to be a targeted attack on the street.

The length of the street will determine whether it's fair or not.

Could the 13 shoplifting offences be committed by one person?

Very possibly.

Although the crimes may not have happened on the street, the reporting is valid because the criminals live on there.

most shops get shop lifting,most areas get crime,so if you live in a posh area or poor theres good and bad everywhere i would think

2 hours ago, craig12 said:

so the Sheffield star have just published a list of worst streets for crime which includes mine I may add , isn't it interesting when you dig a little deeper what they mean , they list 15 in the month of November , but on the police website it breaks down to 

1 anti social behaviour

purgery/forgery

13 shoplifting offences , , I will be ringing the Sheffield star today and tell them just what I think as I don't think we have any shops on here which have been shoplifted from , , more importantly we have our house for sale and wondered what our estate agent would think of their reported / poor researched breakdown of figures , ( you don't get a breakdown on the star on line ) but please spare a thought for all the other roads and people who live in them that show their roads in a bad light which will damage anyone considering moving their because of schools etc , this is an outrage and I will contact my local mp and ring radio Sheffield this morning 

I'm no fan of The Star and the quality of journalism within, but I suspect they will have got figures from the Police UK website. You might argue they could have checked them but your argument is more likely with the police if you think figures are wrong. Could it be that you're just not aware of every crime that's reported on your street?

3 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Very possibly.

Although the crimes may not have happened on the street, the reporting is valid because the criminals live on there.

I doubt that there are any criminals living on Bakers Hill.

1 hour ago, Broakham said:

I doubt that there are any criminals living on Bakers Hill.

Why do you think it so unlikely?

5 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Very possibly.

It's obvious from the map you linked to;

https://www.police.uk/south-yorkshire/KD/crime/locations/

that it is where the crime was reported to have been committed that is recorded - eg 41 crimes on Fargate, 24 on High Street, 31 on or near Nightclubs,  54 in pedestrian subways etc.