Any Dutch people going to watch Holland matches?

You probably should keep the foreign-language stuff to private messages ... if the moderators can't understand what you wrote, they can't tell if you're breaking forum rules or not. ;)

Purely Dutch foods and delicacies - and availability in Sheffield.

You probably should keep the foreign-language stuff to private messages ... if the moderators can't understand what you wrote, they can't tell if you're breaking forum rules or not. ;)

I agreed. PMs are good but I think it's better to keep it in English. Besides it might be interesting to learn about Dutch food and treats :cool:

I didn't know croquettes and 'frikandellen' were sold in Sheffield! What a missed chance :(

It was in Lidl where I saw kale (is: boerenkool) and chicory (is: witlof) for the first time. They were wonderful.

In the past I ordered a Dutch newspaper via the newsagent over here, that was great too. Now I follow the news on the internet.

Nice to know there are more Dutch people over here :)

Righto.. although personally I don't think the Dutch cuisine is much to be proud of ...;) (that is the main meal stuff, not the breads, biscuits and sweets)

I didn't know the word for witlof is chicory, learn something new everyday. I've never seen it in the supermarkets over here, but then I don't like it anyway..

I read the news on the internet too, and sometimes some televisionshows on http://www.uitzendinggemist.nl

I have to admit I once watched Jan Smit's show.. ooooooooooops :hihi:

I read "news" on fok.nl (ignore the idiots posting there ideas) and also to see if Feyenoord screwed up again. I was born in Vlaardingen. Feyenoord is in my blood. I'm not a football freak at all, but certain things can't be changed :)

I don't vote for Dutch elections, I dont think its fair to vote for a country you dont live in. I wish I could vote for general elections in Britain.

I do download "oudejaars conferences". Youp and "lebbis en jansen" are things I do not want to miss. I don't care about TV programs. Najib became famous after I moved to England my brother sent me a couple of shows and he is funny as hell :)

I took Billy Connolly as my replacement Youp v/h Hek :D Both of them kill me.

Btw the kroketten & frikandellen were bought on that international market not in a shop. I am aware of Lidle and their surprises :)

As the European football championships are coming up I thought we could get some Dutch people together to watch the games??? I even brought some orange stuff from Holland last week so we can show those English how to support your own country!

'Our' first game is on Monday the 9th of June. Of course people who don't like the footy are welcome as well.

So who up for an orange night??

Hup Holland Hup!

Haha, are we even allowed to mention the European championships? :hihi:

If we survive this group we have a good chance winning the lot. I so hate Italy though... (remember Euro 2000?)

Atleast we got there :hihi:

I still think England is going to win this one. :D

RUBB

IT

IN

hehehe

For the ones who want to join us, we will be going to Walkabout to watch the game against Italy on Monday (kickoff at 7.45)

Laat de leeuw niet in zijn hempie staan!

I might join you, depending how I feel that day.

Last match against them ended in disaster in de Kuip (euro 2000) or at least thats the last match I saw against Italy.

I will be in Holland on 26/6. If Holland gets to the semi's I can watch in Holland :-) (never gonna happen ofcourse)

hallo jaap can you tell me where dutch people hang around im now a year in sheffield and miss the dutch people around me

Are there any Dutch pub meet-ups to watch today's final? Got a Dutch friend who is interested. Thanks.