How is possible to get in touch with Sheffield Council?

As someone else has suggested contact your local councillor whose details can be found here: Find your councillor

19 hours ago, wornout53 said:

The only thing worse than the council tax department is Veolia

And Capita who, coincidentally, run the council tax department.

I used e-mail to contact the council tax department about a year ago after not getting through on the phone it was regarding paying back some council tax after they calculated the bill wrong. I made them an offer on the e-mail and just went ahead and paid the amount I was offering approx. 9 months later I got a response sorry for the delayed response(Seriously) But we cannot accept your offer of re-payment which was nice of them considering it was now paid off. You couldn't make it up. As for Veolia I have only had the need to contact them about 3/4 times but have always  got through no problem and the request dealt with without hassle. Although it's more than a year ago since I last contacted them.

Edited by Yorkie2000

22 hours ago, Mattcheese said:

I have an important matter I need to discuss with Sheffield Council, regarding my Council Tax and can't get in touch with them at all. I have tried everything - their phone lines, no matter what day, what time say "all our operators are busy and you can't join a queue" and go dead. I have tried at the time they open, the time they close, all day, different days - nothing. I have sent three emails and had no responses. 

My only solution is to book time off work to go and visit them in person, but even then I'm not sure the person at the reception desk could help me. 

Is it even possible to get in touch with them? I don't see how their phones can ever be staffed - there just seems to be no way. I'm stressed and worried as the matter needs urgent attention, and don;t know what to do. Is it even legal for a council to do this? Are others experiencing the same? What is the solution? 

Thanks in advance - all I want to do is speak to someone at the council. 

They are a frustrating nightmare. I wouldnt mind if I got through and had to wait in a que because I would just  go on speaker and do stuff around the house while waiting.  Like the op says You dont get that chance they tell you call back later.  INSANE.  :gag:

No 1. Don't be stressed. If you've contacted them numerous times the fault is there's.  You can certainly try emailing your local councillors to tell them that you've an issue, it's not being resolved, and that you're being made unwell through the stress of it. Good luck!