Boycott Gillette razors.

Hadn't heard about this until I saw this thread but, having now viewed it, I'd suggest that any bloke who considers it an attack on masculinity is probably insecure in their own.

Same old.

45 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

No they offer virtually the same product to women at a higher price. Only a fool would fall for it and choose to pay more.

The hairs on your legs neither know nor care whether the razor is a blue one or a pink one.

They all go down the same plughole! 😉

On 15/01/2019 at 09:58, Hots on said:

I'm sure you're aware of the hoo-hah over an advert for Gillette razors, so I won't link to it, which is loaded with feminine poison about how terrible males are. Insulting your primary market isn't a very smart move.

Men everywhere should now boycott Gillette products.

Looks like those fine people at the Daily Mash saw you coming - https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/business/oops-did-our-advert-****-off-********s-asks-razor-blade-company-20190116181425

Plenty of woman act in a similar manner to the men in the start of the ad. 

Can you imagine the rage from the 3rd wavers, particularly the ones in this thread, if Gillette did a Venus ad in a similar way.... 

2 hours ago, Halibut said:

Only a fool would describe an advert asking men to treat women decently and bring up thoughtful, caring boys a ''poisonous feminist agenda''.

Poisonous feminist agenda is a bit paranoid but the advert is a bit patronising to the average man who doesn't need asking to treat women decently

15 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

Poisonous feminist agenda is a bit paranoid but the advert is a bit patronising to the average man who doesn't need asking to treat women decently

Don't worry if you are male , white and straight you're used to it.

The pendulum has been swinging away from us for 40 years.

Most of the agenda's are justified the methods less so.

I fully support Gillette's forthright advert , taking a stand against misogynistic practices that have been  peddled by a male dominated advertising industry for way too long. My only criticism is there aren't many decent birds in it.

1 hour ago, Resident said:

Can you imagine the rage from the 3rd wavers, particularly the ones in this thread, if Gillette did a Venus ad in a similar way.... 

Why on earth would they do that? 🙄

3 hours ago, Halibut said:

Only a fool would describe an advert asking men to treat women decently and bring up thoughtful, caring boys a ''poisonous feminist agenda''.

But its supposed to be an ad for Gillette razors though.  🙄

Its almost as bad as adverts for oven chips promoting different types of family set ups. (yes, that happened recently) 

29 minutes ago, woodview said:

I fully support Gillette's forthright advert , taking a stand against misogynistic practices that have been  peddled by a male dominated advertising industry for way too long. My only criticism is there aren't many decent birds in it.

Hahahahaha 😂

17 hours ago, Halibut said:

Nice attempt to blame it on black and brown men, but the reality is different. In any case, how does promoting decent behaviour by men attack men? It doesn't - and only men with dodgy attitudes to women would complain about it.

Wow, that's quite a leap from me considering the Western world to have more liberal attitudes to gender equality (which is, I would have thought, a given), to playing the "wacist" card. I'm impressed.

You of all people, Halibut, would be the first to complain if such sweeping stereotypes were insinuated against any group, other than men. Your statement "only men with dodgy attitudes to women would complain about it" - you would be the first one to moan if anyone posted on certain topics of this forum implying all people of certain groups are responsible and accountable for the actions of a minority of their group.  So why then, is it ok to insinuate "men" mistreat women and need reminding not to? Double standards.

1 minute ago, Hots on said:

But its supposed to be an ad for Gillette razors though.  🙄

No, it's an ad for the Gillette brand which has attained way more exposure than most ads, largely because a bunch of insecure saddos around the world have shared it and started moaning about it.

Not one frame of any advert happens by accident and I wouldn't be surprised if at some point, the creatives at Somesuch sat around a table, brainstorming exactly which buttons to press to get the dog whistle reactions seen on this thread! 😂😂😂😅

1 hour ago, woodview said:

There was in the Kellogg's Crunchy Nut doll collector advert- very funny, but I wonder why her date vamoosed sharpish leaving the lady all alone?