Boycott Gillette razors.

8 hours ago, woodview said:

Not wanting to be insulted and a leap to misogyny and the other things is a big one.

How is the advertisement in any way insulting to any man that cares about women (and bringing up boys to understand their emotions and respect women)? 

I can't understand how any decent man could find it insulting. Perhaps you, or the OP, could enlighten me?

Furthermore. who but a misogynist would perceive a call for men to treat women better as an assault on men?

Edited by Halibut

27 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Furthermore. who but a misogynist would perceive a call for men to treat women better as an assault on men?

Rubbish. The majority of men don't mistreat women, and don't need to be made to feel guilty for something they haven't done. You'd be the first to complain if someone made a similarly generalistic statement against any other group of people. The left are *such hypocrites*.

I object to the insinuation that "men" mistreat women. I don't need preaching to, I'm not accountable for the actions of others that just happen to share the same gender. I'll be boycotting.

Edited by WiseOwl182

25 minutes ago, Halibut said:

How is the advertisement in any way insulting to any man that cares about women (and bringing up boys to understand their emotions and respect women)? 

I can't understand how any decent man could find it insulting. Perhaps you, or the OP, could enlighten me?

Did you read my earlier post saying:

Isn't the bulk of the ad showing men doing the right thing? Breaking up a fight , stopping somebody jumping in on a woman.

It's just showing the positives of being decent as opposed to the excesses of 70's type behaviour.

I'll not be boycotting over this.

However, the first section of the ad is insulting as it implies that behaviour is the norm, when it isn't. The world isn't a battle between men and women , and I and most men behave in the manner portrayed in the second half of the ad, but the tone of the first half is off imo.

As I said, I won't be boycotting them. Judging by your other hard-line posts on threads that had to be closed, I'm not over-confident of you being able to understand the subtlies of what I mean. I do hope so though.

2 hours ago, max said:

I admire your balls for coming back for more ridicule.

It is Gillette and whatever advertising  agency was involved in that advert that are being roundly ridiculed for pushing a poisonous feminist agenda instead of trying to sell razors.

46 minutes ago, Halibut said:

And here's me thinking that Gillette were a manufacturer of shaving products.

2 minutes ago, Hots on said:

It is Gillette and whatever advertising  agency was involved in that advert that are being roundly ridiculed for pushing a poisonous feminist agenda instead of trying to sell razors.

Really?

Most people are congratulating Gillette and it is only snowflake, weak saddo men who are ridiculing it.

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

Most people are congratulating Gillette and it is only snowflake, weak saddo men who are ridiculing it.

Really? 

409k dislikes Vs 123k likes on the official YouTube video suggests otherwise.

2 hours ago, Hots on said:

And here's me thinking that Gillette were a manufacturer of shaving products.

There you go again. Please tell me how promoting the idea that men should be emotionally aware and treat women fairly and decently is poisonous.

12 minutes ago, Halibut said:

There you go again. Please tell me how promoting the idea that men should be emotionally aware and treat women fairly and decently is poisonous.

Not my statement, but surely it is because it is stating the obvious and implying that "men" (50% of people) need telling how to treat women fairly and decently. The majority, at least in the western world that these ads are targeted at, already do.

39 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Not my statement, but surely it is because it is stating the obvious and implying that "men" (50% of people) need telling how to treat women fairly and decently. The majority, at least in the western world that these ads are targeted at, already do.

Nice attempt to blame it on black and brown men, but the reality is different. In any case, how does promoting decent behaviour by men attack men? It doesn't - and only men with dodgy attitudes to women would complain about it.

14 hours ago, Hots on said:

Doesn't Gillette charge women more than men for basically the same product?

Women are always charged more than men for any sort of what could be classed as a beauty product. Hair cuts are a good example. Women are prepared to pay more than men. As simple as.

15 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Women are always charged more than men for any sort of what could be classed as a beauty product. Hair cuts are a good example. Women are prepared to pay more than men. As simple as.

As for men's shaving products Jim, remember years ago  on the back of United's match programme they advertised 'Wardonia' razor blades ? No. me neither

Happy to say that I have ditched my Mach 3 and all other ridiculously expensive blades in favour of a Safety razor.

100 blades that last as long for under a tenner and give as good a shave as double,treble etc blades. No plastic on the blade or dispenser.

Make the switch and boycott Wilkinson,Bic,etc as well as Gillette.

Save the money,and the planet.