Jump to content

Boycott Gillette razors.

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Halibut said:

The OP is clearly a misogynist who equates treating women fairly and decently with an assault on his distorted and enfeebled masculinity.

Not wanting to be insulted and a leap to misogyny and the other things is a big one.

I personally don't have an issue with the advert, and the bulk of it is showing men behaving in a good way.

The first part, showing men behaving badly isn't nice, and it will be construed by some as a general attack, although, I believe it's filmed in a style of 'this is how things used to be' .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, max said:

So, congratulations to the OP and anyone else who boycotts Gillette's products, the animals thank you.

I'm not sure that the OP is particularly bothered about the issue of animal testing. 😂

 

I've just seen the advert and although it is a bit clunky it is making a fair point! I do love these snowflake men who see feminist conspiracies everywhere. 

 

It really isn't a good look guys! 😨

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I'm not sure that the OP is particularly bothered about the issue of animal testing. 😂

 

I've just seen the advert and although it is a bit clunky it is making a fair point! I do love these snowflake men who see feminist conspiracies everywhere. 

 

It really isn't a good look guys! 😨

I am aware of the OP's intentions, I just think his head must be spinning if he thinks he's now supporting a boycott by tree huggers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, woodview said:

Isn't the bulk of the ad showing men doing the right thing? Breaking up a fight , stopping somebody jumping in on a woman.

 

It missed the part when the man stopping a fight was stabbed and beaten to death by the rest of the yobs.

 

I've no problem with the ad or the message, just the cynical way Gilette are using it to sell their products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, apelike said:

Boycotted them years ago when I bought a Braun electric razor.

About the same as me then. A lot easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

It missed the part when the man stopping a fight was stabbed and beaten to death by the rest of the yobs.

 

I've no problem with the ad or the message, just the cynical way Gilette are using it to sell their products.

It's as cynical as Sainsbury's using the 1914 Christmas truce as a way to sell more groceries at Christmas, but at the bottom of it, all advertising is similarly cynical and self serving.

 

This is just a company realising that their 'butch' advertising is way out of line with current thinking and failing to do better with their next attempt to convince people that they have an ethos other than 'buy our products'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Halibut said:

The OP is clearly a misogynist who equates treating women fairly and decently with an assault on his distorted and enfeebled masculinity.

I wonder how many on here feel that is a very much a misandrist reply.

Edited by apelike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most men today have boycotted razors for a very long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hots on said:

I'm sure you're aware of the hoo-hah over an advert for Gillette razors, so I won't link to it, which is loaded with feminine poison about how terrible males are. Insulting your primary market isn't a very smart move.

 

Men everywhere should now boycott Gillette products.

see the right wing snowflakes have something else to be offended by :P dont you get ill with the continuous rise in blood pressure from all this anger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do hope that all the individual actors/extras that are on screen in the advert are ridiculed and sent to Coventry, so to speak, in their individual personal lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hots on said:

I do hope that all the individual actors/extras that are on screen in the advert are ridiculed and sent to Coventry, so to speak, in their individual personal lives.

What are you smoking, dude?

 

Do you think Bruno Ganz should be sent to Nurnberg and tried, for his roll in Downfall? 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hots on said:

I do hope that all the individual actors/extras that are on screen in the advert are ridiculed and sent to Coventry, so to speak, in their individual personal lives.

I admire your balls for coming back for more ridicule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.