Boycott Gillette razors.

I personally don't care much about this advert. Or about any other, really. Those ads always give you false impression of reality - diet coke is super good, Carling is tasty, Lynx attract ladies, women on period are fun, toxic masculinity is a thing, etc...

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No, it's an ad for the Gillette brand which has attained way more exposure than most ads, largely because a bunch of insecure saddos around the world have shared it and started moaning about it.

Not one frame of any advert happens by accident and I wouldn't be surprised if at some point, the creatives at Somesuch sat around a table, brainstorming exactly which buttons to press to get the dog whistle reactions seen on this thread!

Exactly. The same as bendix  (post # 45), I've also worked at an ad agency. The advert whistled. The OP reacted. Great publicity.

Edited by horribleblob

22 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Really? 

409k dislikes Vs 123k likes on the official YouTube video suggests otherwise.

Such a great yardstick. If you ever want to feel better about the looming mass die-off of humans through climate change and species extinction, just read the comments under a YouTube video. Suddenly it all seems so much more appealing.

45 minutes ago, Bob Arctor said:

Such a great yardstick. If you ever want to feel better about the looming mass die-off of humans through climate change and species extinction, just read the comments under a YouTube video. Suddenly it all seems so much more appealing.

What other yardstick do you have to prove or disprove the claim that "most people are congratulating Gillette"? I won't hold my breath.

8 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

What other yardstick do you have to prove or disprove the claim that "most people are congratulating Gillette"? I won't hold my breath.

I knew I was right about the human die-off. Only 532,000 people left in the UK.

4 minutes ago, Bob Arctor said:

What other yardstick do you have to prove or disprove the claim that "most people are congratulating Gillette"? I won't hold my breath.

By the way, it's now up to 700k dislikes Vs 303k likes.

Edited by WiseOwl182

1 hour ago, Bob Arctor said:

66 million people in the UK. Only 67% of those voted in the general election. 

Does the fact that 22 million didn't vote invalidate the result?  Did they magically not exist? 

As an update, at the time of this post just over 1 million votes were cast on the Gillette YT video. 72% disliked the video. 

4 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Why on earth would they do that? 🙄

You're absolutely right, it would go against their agenda. Ironically it would be equality, which they claim is their agenda... 

It's in the ball-park of the tired feminist rhetoric of 'teach boys not to rape'.

The majority of men don't even have a desire to rape a woman or be violent, let alone having to suppress those feelings.

Where is the Tampax ad where a woman is sat in court, lying and using her kids to hurt the dad because she's an emotional, bullying psycho???

16 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

It's in the ball-park of the tired feminist rhetoric of 'teach boys not to rape'.

The majority of men don't even have a desire to rape a woman or be violent, let alone having to suppress those feelings.

Where is the Tampax ad where a woman is sat in court, lying and using her kids to hurt the dad because she's an emotional, bullying psycho???

its not just about rape and violence, its about centuries old traditions of living in a men controlled world and women being subjugated. Also the male culture thats prevalent in pubs and clubs up and down the country

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

its not just about rape and violence, its about centuries old traditions of living in a men controlled world and women being subjugated. Also the male culture thats prevalent in pubs and clubs up and down the country

And those men are going to pay attention to an advert? Attempting to sell ravor blades, of all things?

Apparently, 'toxic masculinity' is responsible for the amount of male suicides... we don't see many adverts trying to prevent that.

Who is better placed than a razor blade company to help reduce the amount of male suicides?

I notice you ignored the bias towards women in family court...

1 minute ago, leviathan13 said:

And those men are going to pay attention to an advert? Attempting to sell ravor blades, of all things?

Apparently, 'toxic masculinity' is responsible for the amount of male suicides... we don't see many adverts trying to prevent that.

Who is better placed than a razor blade company to help reduce the amount of male suicides?

I notice you ignored the bias towards women in family court...

i believe there IS more help put in place for male suicides. AND domestic violence, before you bring that up.

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

i believe there IS more help put in place for male suicides. AND domestic violence, before you bring that up.

Well that's OK then... we don't need to talk about it.

Yet, women receive far more help than men in these areas, and it's sign-posted far more openly... but they still need more!