Boycott Gillette razors.

I'm sure you're aware of the hoo-hah over an advert for Gillette razors, so I won't link to it, which is loaded with feminine poison about how terrible males are. Insulting your primary market isn't a very smart move.

Men everywhere should now boycott Gillette products.

Edited by Hots on

Boycotted them years ago when I bought a Braun electric razor.

Gillette are part of the Procter & Gamble behemoth and are therefore part of their ingenuous "we don't test our ingredients anywhere in the world except where required by law".  As they sell most, if not all, of their product line in China which requires testing then it's a nonsense statement as it means all their ingredients must, at some point, be tested on animals.

So, congratulations to the OP and anyone else who boycotts Gillette's products, the animals thank you.

Isn't the bulk of the ad showing men doing the right thing? Breaking up a fight , stopping somebody jumping in on a woman.

It's just showing the positives of being decent as opposed to the excesses of 70's type behaviour.

I'll not be boycotting over this.

4 minutes ago, max said:

Gillette are part of the Procter & Gamble behemoth and are therefore part of their ingenuous "we don't test our ingredients anywhere in the world except where required by law".  As they sell most, if not all, of their product line in China which requires testing then it's a nonsense statement as it means all their ingredients must, at some point, be tested on animals.

So, congratulations to the OP and anyone else who boycotts Gillette's products, the animals thank you.

Hmmm... :huh:

... I wonder if that's why goats have beards? :suspect:

2 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... I wonder if that's why goats have beards? :suspect:

Other razors are available, so the OP should be OK.

You've not seen their following adverts - they will be going a step further. No longer will they peddle the notion that women should have smooth legs and underarms (etc.....) , complying with male dominated media imagery. They will encourage them to break free of those shackles and let the natural feminine hair growth sprout freely!

I'll consider a boycott then 😛

Edited by woodview

7 minutes ago, woodview said:

You've not seen their following adverts - they will be going a step further. No longer will they peddle the notion that women should have smooth legs and underarms (etc.....) , complying with male dominated media imagery. They will encourage them to break free of those shackles and let the natural feminine hair growth sprout freely!

I'll consider a boycott then 😛

Doesn't Gillette charge women more than men for basically the same product?

6 minutes ago, Hots on said:

Doesn't Gillette charge women more than men for basically the same product?

I don't know. I've just looked on Boots and they looked similar, but they are different names so can't compare, but seemed much of a muchness??? What are you saying though?

22 minutes ago, woodview said:

I don't know. I've just looked on Boots and they looked similar, but they are different names so can't compare, but seemed much of a muchness??? What are you saying though?

Hes saying he will boycott Gillett because of advert but won't boycott them if they charge women more for razors.

I'm not boycotting them at all.

22 minutes ago, woodview said:

Edited by tinfoilhat
Double post?

3 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Hes saying he will boycott Gillett because of advert but won't boycott them if they charge women more for razors.

I'm not boycotting them at all.

Right, seems odd if that's right. Looks like an imaginary storm in a teacup to me.

The OP is clearly a misogynist who equates treating women fairly and decently with an assault on his distorted and enfeebled masculinity.