sky go on android7

just bought a tablet with android 7 operating system  --according to Sky go  all operating systems after 4 should be compatible--any ideas from members--thanks 

It is...

I assume you made the thread because it doesn't work on your tablet?

What did you try?

to pyrotequila===-thanks for reply---downloaded an app from play store only to be informed about an error-----code 99z---thanks

Error 99z means the app thinks it is installed on a rooted device.

What make/model of tablet do you have?

Any reason you're not asking Sky about this? They have support channels and people dedicated to this stuff.

"Error 99z" into Google and this is the top result:

Error 99z on Non-rooted device

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-Apps/Error-99z-on-Non-rooted-device/td-p/2808192

Sky's help forum also has a list of compatible devices.

Channel 4 are the same with being device picky with their 4OD app.

Edited by alchresearch

thanks for all replies==the tablet is an unbranded model with android 7     10.1 in---I have the use of another tablet to watch Sky go -but just wondered why the new tablet would not get Skygo--I did have another tablet that had the same problem ---and that also had a message saying something about it either be rooted /not rooted-but I did find an article about getting round this problem but I did not feel confident to delve further into it--thanks again

If it's an unbranded cheapy one, then it's probably not one that's supported unfortunately.

As people have said in that Sky post, try activating Android Pay on it, if that doesn't work then the tablet itself is the issue, not anything you're doing wrong.