Brookes a wanted man

How things changed and so quickly in football.In less than a year David Brookes valuation has gone from 12 million to over 40million .I always said we should have got at least 15 million for him but I was cried down by some saying he was not worth anywhere near that.Now after less than 10 months it is reported clubs are lining up to offer more than 40 mill for him.I hope we have a good sell on clause in his contract.

I think it was a good idea to sell him to a club like Bournemouth. They are a good Premier league club but would never be seen as one of the big boys. I hope we could see that joining Bournemouth Brooks had not hit his ceiling potential wise. 

We should benefit from a healthy sell on clause similar to Maguire and Walker.

Now Chris Wilder getting any extra funds - well that's a different question. 

In fairness the other offers for over £12m weren't there though. From what I've seen of him at Bournmouth, he has some lovely spells, then seems to wander a bit aimlessly.

Hopefully the sell-on fee is good, it will help us get some decent signings in the Prem next season..............

United should be more public spirited like Wednesday and let the youngsters go for nowt ,who needs all that money it only builds hotels.

2 hours ago, cmonkes said:

What is 25% of £50m again??

Tidy return on a player who was only going to go on to play at a higher level at some point.

£24m profit from a player that we picked up as an outcast from a premier league club. Cost us nothing but development and made us the money to challenge in this league. Happy days! 

Suppose we have to sit back now and wait for the "you would be nothing without the Brooks money" jibes.....

Is there any room left for another Hotel not car park.

35% then 25% it just goes to prove that nobody knows (apart from McCabe and the bog roll Prince) 

On 17/01/2019 at 08:12, Albert smith said:

United should be more public spirited like Wednesday and let the youngsters go for nowt ,who needs all that money it only builds hotels.

Don't forget a team that is knocking on the prem league door as well.

5 hours ago, cmonkes said:

What is 25% of £50m again??

Tidy return on a player who was only going to go on to play at a higher level at some point.

£24m profit from a player that we picked up as an outcast from a premier league club. Cost us nothing but development and made us the money to challenge in this league. Happy days! 

Suppose we have to sit back now and wait for the "you would be nothing without the Brooks money" jibes.....

Nobody on here knows what the percentage is and it's a percentage of the profit, not the sell on fee.

1 hour ago, speedy69 said:

35% then 25% it just goes to prove that nobody knows (apart from McCabe and the bog roll Prince) 

Don't you know ?Well that really surprises me.😁

On the text now his price has gone up again to 50 mill so we could be on to a winner all being well.Lets face it every team is a selling team when the big six come knocking on the door.

It also sounds as if Che Adams is on the shopping list of the prem clubs to.Could be another pick up there to.