The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

2 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

Simples solution ....... use the Irish sea as the border. 

You could move there and make a good living smuggling red diesel across the border. 

You could also buy a ton of dodgy fags off the loyalist paramilitaries who smuggle them into Belfast by the container load (don't go near the Embassy Regal with the 'orange' filters though. They are counterfeit and have strychnine in them.)

Oh, and if you are buying dodgy fags from the UVF best keep quiet about a border in the Irish sea if you value your kneecaps.

No surrender!!!! 🇯🇪

9 hours ago, apelike said:

"And yet businesses start off by heading into the unknown...."

Now perhaps you can tell me where the argument was, except for yours of course.

Your argument seems to be that all businesses should be behaving like new businesses because of the uncertainty of Brexit.

Which is completely not what established businesses want. It’s the complete and absolute opposite.

I know it seems like a great sound bite to you, but it’s irrelevent and you’re not going to convince anybody.

17 hours ago, Shunter said:

So you say, but what you usually say is pretty much made up fake news you've found whilst googling.

Repetitive too.

So you make some demonstrably untrue claims, and when corrected instead of checking or accepting, you try to claim that I routinely spread fake news.  Wow.

17 hours ago, Shunter said:

And your constant wish to argue is exactly what is happening in government right now. Personally I think the remain groups have some extremely valid points, whereas the Leave groups do also. I don't regard either as right or wrong as we can't be sure on many of the points. What I can be sure of is that I want out government and opposition parties to do the right thing for th country instead of the constant bickering that we see every day.

Why do you keep dodging the question, you sound like a politician.

10 hours ago, apelike said:

"And yet businesses start off by heading into the unknown...."

Now perhaps you can tell me where the argument was, except for yours of course.

Why did you make a statement if you had no argument, no point to make?

26 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Your argument seems to be that all businesses should be behaving like new businesses because of the uncertainty of Brexit.

Which is completely not what established businesses want. It’s the complete and absolute opposite.

I know it seems like a great sound bite to you, but it’s irrelevent and you’re not going to convince anybody.

Or possibly like the country is going to act like a new business, one with no plan, and no investors in a hostile market.  Many new businesses go bust don't they...

5 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Once again you fail to understand that I was not making an argument but a statement! 

4 hours ago, tzijlstra said:

Which is an EU regulation about the movement of people across borders (Schengen Borders Code) and is not applicable to us anyway as we are not in the Schengen area. EU rules will also not be applicable to the UK if it leaves the EU.

3 hours ago, melthebell said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47326675

Interesting, 30 Tory's could rebel to block a no deal, including leavers

Whats interesting is that parliament can vote on a new amendment to delay brexit which also needs EU approval for it to become a reality. Given the state of affairs between the UK and the EU I very much doubt that will happen.

Edited by apelike

14 minutes ago, apelike said:

Once again you fail to understand that I was not making an argument but a statement! 

A statement that is utterly irrelevant unless you back it with an argument. 

It seems you you don’t have anything to suggest the relevance of your statement with regard to Brexit.

10 minutes ago, apelike said:

Which is an EU regulation about the movement of people across borders (Schengen Borders Code) and is not applicable to us anyway as we are not in the Schengen area. EU rules will also not be applicable to the UK if it leaves the EU.

Whats interesting is that parliament can vote on a new amendment to delay brexit which also needs EU approval for it to become a reality. Given the state of affairs between the UK and the EU I very much doubt that will happen.

The EU would approve it in the blink of an eye

33 minutes ago, apelike said:

Given the state of affairs between the UK and the EU I very much doubt that will happen.

Not only will it happen in a heartbeat but it is believed that this approval has already been pre-agreed by the EU27 ready for when Parliament passes the relevant legislation.

46 minutes ago, apelike said:

They already have voted on such an amendment though I believe?  A 3 month extension tabled by Labour only a few weeks ago?

Now suddenly it seems like a good idea?