The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

37 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Brexit will have no negative effect on me apart from maybe a few quid on my weekly shopping , which aint a problem . 

Currently within Penistone there is a lot of anger over the Police station not being manned and a lack of police patrols.  If it pans out as Ress-Mogg is on record as saying it could  and it takes up to 50 years for the benefits of Brexit to be seen, then it's going to be a fair amount of time before the patrols are improved within Penistone.  

So would you not also be effected by a poorer NHS, less teachers, poorer transport infrastructure etc?

Edited by JFKvsNixon

2 minutes ago, JFKvsNixon said:

then it's going to be a fair amount of time before the patrols are improved within Penistone.  

I'm sure Penny's reaction to that will be "Great! Less chance of me being nicked for driving on red diesel!" 😡

15 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Bet he voted to leave. Serves him right

Yeah,how dare someone not think the same as you. He deserves to lose his job for that. 

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Membership of the EU was always first and foremost an economics argument. Unfortunately as a nation, we know very little about economics, possibly because our past history as a trading empire meant that even the poorest among us were better off than people in most of the world. 

Even relatively poorly educated mainland Europeans I spoke to before, during and since the referendum in 2016 were of one voice when they said "Are English people  crazy? Do they not know why the UK is a member of the EU?" When I mentioned other issues like blue passports, bendy bananas, immigration and sovereignty over matters that nobody could actually give an example of, the reply was always "Yes but do they really want to lose their position in the world just for those things.?"

The Vote Leave campaign wasn't just based upon dog whistle slogans, xenophobia, fake news, false promises and a sentimental nostalgia for an all white, pre decimal Britain but on a fundamental understanding that their target audience had little real understanding that leaving the EU would be economic suicide.

I know that we are not allowed to say that many Leave voters aren't very bright but on the question of economics the vast majority that I spoke to during the referendum campain had virtually no understanding of what the single marget was and why we were part of it.

Oh I think we can.

A lot of Brexit voters are downright stupid, with no understanding of the economic and social fallout of their decision to leave the EU.

Up until now they have blamed the EU for most of our problems.  Once the economic effects start up in earnest and they start being even worse off, who will they blame then? We can be sure they will need to blame someone. I wouldn’t fancy being anything other than very English/British looking when that happens.

2 minutes ago, Eater Sundae said:

Oh I think we can.

A lot of Brexit voters are downright stupid, with no understanding of the economic and social fallout of their decision to leave the EU.

Up until now they have blamed the EU for most of our problems.  Once the economic effects start up in earnest and they start being even worse off, who will they blame then? We can be sure they will need to blame someone. I wouldn’t fancy being anything other than very English/British looking when that happens.

I’ve thought the same actually. Popularism won’t stop at brexit. Given the state of British politics I don’t know when it will stop.

9 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Yeah,how dare someone not think the same as you. He deserves to lose his job for that. 

thats not what and why he said it...and you know it, the reason it serves him right, like turkeys voting for xmas, its high stupidity and it might teach him a lesson.

29 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Bet he voted to leave. Serves him right

What a crass and despicable thing to say. I disagree with you on most things but have always thought you have decency. You've let yourself down with that comment.

Honda have said that global problems were the reason for closing their Swindon plant and relocating back to Japan.

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

thats not what and why he said it...and you know it, the reason it serves him right, like turkeys voting for xmas, its high stupidity and it might teach him a lesson.

Assuming he did indeed vote brexit. Sorry but remain voters have all moaned about job losses and then delight when someone will lose their job. Even without knowing if they did indeed vote for brexit 

I would never take pleasure in someone losing their job. 

1 hour ago, Penistone999 said:

If Honda want to leave , thats up to them . It aint the end of the world. The only important thing is we leave the EU on 29th March with a deal or , preferably with No Deal.  

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

Depends what your situation is when you lose your job.It can have a devastating effect on individuals and communities,and should not be so lightly dismissed by yourself.

Why on earth anyone would say  “preferably no deal” I cannot begin to understand.

Because Penny knows, as many have said, that a no-deal Brexit will cause major job losses and economic and social hardship. That's what he wants. He doesn't care about others - if he's not happy, then  why should anyone else be.

35 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

When your tenants can’t pay the rent......

thats also what people dont take into account,l the knock on effects, it might not impact on you personally, but the effects on others can. like service jobs, if a manufacturer is affected and people lose jobs, that means less money for the affected person so they may not be able to afford to say...go to the pub, or go for a meal, so those places also lose revenue and eventually people may lose jobs.

Same with as you say, Penises properties, if people lose their jobs they cant afford rent, even if they then claim dole the knock on the economy may mean a tightening of the belt on welfare and still may not be able to pay Mr Penis all his rent, so in effect it DOES negatively affect him, at some point.

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

I’ve thought the same actually. Popularism won’t stop at brexit. Given the state of British politics I don’t know when it will stop.

I agree. I see Corbynism as being a different side of the same poplarist coin. The same is happening in the USA with the candidates that are looking to enter the race for the Democratic nomination. I guess this is why we have ended up in a situation where one in 20 Britons does not believe Holocaust took place