The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

11 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

If I'd known the end game was the United States of Europe then I'd have voted Brexit though.

Yes. But a United States of Europe is a bonkers conspiracy theory.

A European Army is a bonkers conspiracy theory.

Turkey about to join the EU is an outright lie.

Leaving the EU will lead to the repatriation of non white immigrants is an outright lie.

Immigrants are a net drain on our finances is an outright lie.

Immigrants are a net drain on our services is an outright lie.

After leaving the EU. £350 million will be sent to the NHS is an outright lie.

If any or all of the above caused me to vote to leave, I certainly wouldn't be shouting it from the rooftops! 😏

28 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

No, because I didn't "buy" by voting Brexit. If I'd known the end game was the United States of Europe then I'd have voted Brexit though.

I really cannot see that individual countries will lose their core identity ,customs under the umbrella of the European Union.

This would be anathema to all countries who value their own customs.

In any case I prefer United countries to disunited .

I wonder what would have been the outcome if the American States had not become United over the years.

3 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I wonder what would have been the outcome if the American States had not become United over the years.

They tried being less united with the confederacy, not sure that was a particularly positive experience

58 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I'd rather my children have their own country for their future rather than be in a state within a super state. If there's a cost to that then fine.

Happy to lose your job?

1 hour ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I'd rather my children have their own country for their future rather than be in a state within a super state. If there's a cost to that then fine.

Assuming they are not of voting age yet, I sure hope that you would consult with your grandchildren first, before loading them with that cost ;)

EDIT - Just saw this quoted elsewhere, and it's worth a link and a quote:

[NB: retiree in Spain], 62, is one of the younger members of the club and tells me she voted for Brexit: "I've been here for three years and have no plans to go back to the UK - but it will depend on what happens. 

"When I voted to leave I didn't think it would change anything for my rights to live here. We like it here and we don't want to go back but if I don't get my pension we might not have a choice."

Older and ignorant, a statistical bullseye about the Leave vote :lol:

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

Noooooooo!!!!!!

You don’t get it do you?

Go on then enlighten me.

1 hour ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Maybe you could explain why me and my family should also have to pay for your nationalist fantasy? 😏

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Maybe you could explain why me and my family should also have to pay for your nationalist fantasy? 😏

Easy, leave won the referendum so we leave.If you think the grass is greener in the  eu why not nip over there? 27 countries to choose from. You can't grasp the fact that some people are just as keen to leave as you are to stay.

19 minutes ago, L00b said:

Assuming they are not of voting age yet, I sure hope that you would consult with your grandchildren first, before loading them with that cost ;)

EDIT - Just saw this quoted elsewhere, and it's worth a link and a quote:

Older and ignorant, a statistical bullseye about the Leave vote :lol:

There was a Channel 4 investigation into British expats living in Spain, many of whom voted Brexit & are now facing an uncertain future.

I'll post it here:

I know the default position for some will be to feel angry or contempt for people who may be the authors of their own misfortune. But they were lied to. And that's happened to all of us.

5 hours ago, apelike said:

Considering it was the educated that first came up with the phrase I doubt it.

So which academic coined this phase then?  A mathematician?  Anyone in a position to discredit statistics?

Still demonstrating your lack of understanding.

57 minutes ago, L00b said:

Grandchildren? I said children. And they're WELL below voting age, but I'm sure when they are they'd agree.

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

In this case, buy is a synonym for "believe" :suspect:

You clearly did buy it, since you stated it on here.... unless you're saying you state things you know to be false?

In terms of "the EU was only supposed to be a trading bloc and nobody voted for it", you were just plain wrong. :roll:

You were miss-sold :hihi:

No, if it was a lie by the leave campaign that the original aim was a trading bloc and not a United States of Europe, then the sales pitch was for a leave vote. I wasn't born when the original referendum took place so can only take the word of the leave campaign and older people I know. So maybe I did believe that claim, but I didn't "buy" the vote. It's like believing VW emissions levels, being impressed, and then buying a different car anyway. 

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Yes. But a United States of Europe is a bonkers conspiracy theory.

Well your fellow Remainer, Magilla, said it was always the original intention. So one of you is lying. Which is it - always the plan or a bonkers conspiracy theory?