The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

11 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

I never have and never will class myself as European . Im English. 

The original pulse of immigration to Britain has been traced back to Northern Spain thousands of years ago.

The English language is descended from languages brought by Angle and Saxon immigrants in the 6th and 7th century. It was further developed following the arrival of those French speaking Norman immigrants in the 11th century, and English is now unusual in the West Germanic family of languages for having so many loan words from French.

You my friend are EUropean whichever way you cut it.

Edited by I1L2T3

11 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Pleasantly surprised that your borders extend outside Yorkshire.Not as parochial as I thought.

15 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Why would you want to damage our trading partners. 

Where red did you get the link from out of interest?

Die Welt have done a study of the German regions that will be badly hit by a no deal brexit. Apparently some will be hit very hard. Which I stated earlier is the reason why a mutually acceptable deal should be done to stop us all being hurt.

15 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Why would you want to damage our trading partners. 

Where red did you get the link from out of interest?

16 minutes ago, L00b said:

Too bad geography, never mind centuries of regional history, disagrees with you. 

You don't have to accept it. Doesn't make it any less true. Factually so.

Feel free to join the flat earthers and cheesy moonites whenever you feel like it. They're a bit like the Tories and UKIP these days, they badly need the membership.

We are an island race and I think you'll find most of us don't class ourselves as European. But  in the main that doesn't mean we have anything against our neighbors on the content.

41 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

There is NEVER a bad time to get the hell out of the EU . We should have done it years ago . 

A time when the Government owe over £1 trillion?

17 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Die Welt have done a study of the German regions that will be badly hit by a no deal brexit. Apparently some will be hit very hard. Which I stated earlier is the reason why a mutually acceptable deal should be done to stop us all being hurt.

Indeed. The EEA option was available the entire time

3 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

We are an island race and I think you'll find most of us don't class ourselves as European. 

And I think that most of us don't class ourselves as stupid but that doesn't mean that there are very few stupid people.

Parochialism, nationalism and tribalism have no place in the twenty first century!

12 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

We are an island race and I think you'll find most of us don't class ourselves as European. But  in the main that doesn't mean we have anything against our neighbors on the content.

No, we are not a separate race. We are white Caucasians and a good number of us have continental ancestry. In the North you’re 30% or more German, in the south 40% or more French

You seriously haven’t got a clue

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

And I think that most of us don't class ourselves as stupid but that doesn't mean that there are very few stupid people.

Parochialism, nationalism and tribalism have no place in the twenty first century!

Actually those things do, and that’s the problem.

Things are going to get much much worse

Edited by I1L2T3

50 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

you're genes will be mostly european 

1 minute ago, I1L2T3 said:

No, we are not a separate race. We are white Caucasians and a good number of us have continental ancestry. In the North you’re 30% or more German, in the south 40% or more French

5 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

But the British are not classed as Continentals choose how you spin it.

Just now, retep said:

But the British are not classed as Continentals choose how you spin it.

only because you choose not to class them that way

in all things that matter, we are continentals 

10 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

I don't need to find anything: your island sits on the European shelf and, at its closest, currently lies 23 miles from the Continental coast. That makes you Europeans by geographical definition, whether you feel like it or not.

But even in that last respect, I don't need to find anything: it has always been very clear, that very many of you don't class yourselves as Europeans, within the political definition of the term now. As evidenced by the majority Brexit vote, amongst so many other expressions.

Bar a few Irish with an axe to grind, I don't know anyone who has anything 'against' Brits. But quite a lot of people disappointed at Brits, and looking forward to turning a page and moving on in a bit over a month's time.