The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

is that all youve got to be happy about? other countries losing jobs? what about OUR country NOT losing jobs? surely OUR country is what matters not other countries?

sometimes i despair at the idiocy :(

UK government lawyers are already being asked to look at defending multiple claims from countries, businesses and organisations for damage done by this nonsense.

We can't sue our own government for any losses that Brexit will cause us but anybody outside the UK certainly can. Eurotunnel are already making noises about the UK having to pay compensation for disruption to its business in the event of a no deal Brexit.

If our government ends up compensating German firms for their losses, some of the crackpots, racists and xenophobes will be turning purple and exploding. 💥

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Eurotunnel are already making noises about the UK having to pay compensation for disruption to its business in the event of a no deal Brexit.

Not making noises anymore:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-11/eurotunnel-sues-u-k-government-over-no-deal-brexit-ferry-plans

Don't worry though, we're going to fight 'em all off with swarms of drones :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

9 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

UK government lawyers are already being asked to look at defending multiple claims from countries, businesses and organisations for damage done by this nonsense.

We can't sue our own government for any losses that Brexit will cause us but anybody outside the UK certainly can. Eurotunnel are already making noises about the UK having to pay compensation for disruption to its business in the event of a no deal Brexit.

If our government ends up compensating German firms for their losses, some of the crackpots, racists and xenophobes will be turning purple and exploding. 💥

Self harm.

13 minutes ago, retep said:

Self harm.

How do you work that one out, given that Brexiting is the UK's sole, sovereign decision?

I'm interested to see your mental gymnastics here.

48 minutes ago, melthebell said:

is that all youve got to be happy about? other countries losing jobs? what about OUR country NOT losing jobs? surely OUR country is what matters not other countries?

sometimes i despair at the idiocy :(

Leavers don't know how to build, only how to destroy.

Destroying is the easy bit, though: any imbecile with a sledgehammer and enough brawn can do it.

3 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I shall repeat what I said earlier.

This is a really dumb time to be removing ourselves from the EU!

There is NEVER a bad time to get the hell out of the EU . We should have done it years ago . 

2 hours ago, L00b said:

There never was a smart time for it: it was always a really dumb idea, period.

The UK needed better, more inclusive and honest politics, beside deep electoral reform, years and years and years ago.

But well. We are where we are. So that's that.

Only if you love cosying up to those Europeans .

1 minute ago, Penistone999 said:

Only if you love cosying up to those Europeans .

You're one of "those European" too. Because geography.

Dear me, did someone nick your SF account and turned it into a parody account?

Even Russian bots put more effort into it.

Edited by L00b

Just now, L00b said:

You're one of "those European" too. Because geography.

Dear me.

I never have and never will class myself as European . Im English. 

Just now, Penistone999 said:

Too bad geography, never mind centuries of regional history, disagrees with you. 

You don't have to accept it. Doesn't make it any less true. Factually so.

Feel free to join the flat earthers and cheesy moonites whenever you feel like it. They're a bit like the Tories and UKIP these days, they badly need the membership.

6 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

You live in Europe therefore you are a European lol 

(and when Brexit is sacked off you will be even more of a €uropean! 😂😂😂)