The Consequences of Brexit [Part 6] READ FIRST POST BEFORE COMMENTING

5 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

So why are Remain still only edging it in the polls then, much like they were in 2016?

Because people are scared of standing up and saying "I want to vote remain even though I voted leave last time " due to the threats and aggression that is aimed at remainers.

31 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Because people are scared of standing up and saying "I want to vote remain even though I voted leave last time " due to the threats and aggression that is aimed at remainers.

Most of the aggression, sneering, belittling and abuse on this thread comes from the remainers. 

Just now, mafya said:

Most of the aggression, sneering, belittling and abuse on this thread comes from the remainers. 

Awww, snowflake

1 hour ago, taxman said:

We've gone from sunlit uplands to scrambling around foraging for seaweed

Lol - a few bob to be made in charabanc trips to the coast so brexiters can pick their own. Journey back would be a bit smelly though 😎

52 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Also there is a social phenomenon where when people make a mistake they are reluctant to admit it publicly even to a pollster.

Although the polls put Leave/Remain at 44/55%, the above phenomenon could produce a Remain vote as high as 76% when people can vote in secret which would certainly stop any whining about 'not respecting the 2016 vote'.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

A further referendum will be a proper Catch 22 for Brextremists. 

They will have to insist on no deal being one of the options but at the same time know that this will split the Leave vote and allow a stronger Remain showing. They have exactly the same problem with the next 'meaningful vote' in parliament where if they don't back May's 'surrender' deal they will almost certainly end up with no Brexit at all!

Easily solved with a 2nd preference vote. 3 options:

Remain

May's deal

No deal

First and second preference.

1 hour ago, Litotes said:

Rubbish.

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Although the polls put Leave/Remain at 44/55%, the above phenomenon could produce a Remain vote as high as 76% when people can vote in secret which would certainly stop any whining about 'not respecting the 2016 vote'.

Now you're just dreaming.

Edited by WiseOwl182

7 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Now you're just dreaming.

Really?

Of course it all depends on when a second vote is held but the remain vote is increasing every day and has been since June 2016.

5 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Because they truly believed in democracy

Democracy means leaving the EU lock ,stock and Barrel , after all , thats what people voted for . LEAVE .

36 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Also there is a social phenomenon where when people make a mistake they are reluctant to admit it publicly even to a pollster.

The only mistake we made was not walking away the day we triggered 50 . 

49 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Democracy means leaving the EU lock ,stock and Barrel , after all , thats what people voted for . LEAVE .

I would go with that.

The problem we leavers had was a PM who waved the white flag and capitulated before she even met with the EU. They told May to jump and her answer was, how high.

Angel1.

1 hour ago, Penistone999 said:

Nope, imposing a version of Brexit that nobody voted for isn’t democracy.

27 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I would go with that.

The problem we leavers had was a PM who waved the white flag and capitulated before she even met with the EU. They told May to jump and her answer was, how high.

Angel1.

Why do you think no deal is a good idea?

It makes me smile when I read the comments on here. How is it that the information given on here isn't known to the politicians but can be found by people who contribute.

5 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

It makes me smile when I read the comments on here. How is it that the information given on here isn't known to the politicians but can be found by people who contribute.

We all have knowledge of what is going on, but our interpretation of the facts varies greatly. We watch the same news but our deep inbuilt bias means that we see those facts in a different light.

It's amazing how these threads go on and on.